V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone using the HQ 0034 cams in a 95"
motor? If so what are your thoughts on the combo.
What heads....stock....ported?? Any info will help.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hello Brassman, welcome to the forum................while I have zero experience with the Headquarters cams I did run all their numbers through my favorite build and found the the HQ0034 to be quite good...however their cams are aSYMETRICAL Lobe configurations and my software does not give a true indication of their worth...............

In comparison the woods TW6G........produced more torque but virtually the same HP.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I am running the 0039 gear drive in my 2000 Lowrider. I had them do my heads (which I again modified) with the 95 and a V&H propipe. I am getting almost 102 horse and 110 lbs of torque. I know the cams are different, but it is a decent cam. I was pulling over 100 on the tourqe from 3100 to 5300 and started at about 90lbs at 1500rpms. Just make sure you get the gear drive if you are going to do it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
headquarters 0034 cams

Brassman,I'm running the 34 cam ,95"flat tops,SBC heads,an e-pipe with a map off Sert and bike runs great,reliable like stock only faster,Mike

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
mvent said:
Brassman,I'm running the 34 cam ,95"flat tops,SBC heads,an e-pipe with a map off Sert and bike runs great,reliable like stock only faster,Mike
Would you have any ##'s on that build froma dyno?? SAE.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mvent

Do you know what thickness gasket you are using?
What is your cranking compression?
what is your chamber size?

·
Registered
100 Posts
headquarters 0034

Don't have any dyno numbers,but I can tell you it runs dead even with another bike with HQ setup which dynoed at mid 90's hp and just about 100 ft.lbs. of torque
I'm running a Cometic .030 head gasket,my chambers cc at 82,haven't done a cranking compression test,never felt the need,never any starter kickback or detonation,very nice build for low bucks,Mike

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
mvent said:
Don't have any dyno numbers,but I can tell you it runs dead even with another bike with HQ setup which dynoed at mid 90's hp and just about 100 ft.lbs. of torque
I'm running a Cometic .030 head gasket,my chambers cc at 82,haven't done a cranking compression test,never felt the need,never any starter kickback or detonation,very nice build for low bucks,Mike
That motor has to be very torquey. You have to be over 205 on the ccp. i bet it does haul the mail. What is the build of the other motor?

·
Registered
100 Posts
headquarters 0034

Happyman,see post #5 for the build,I don't think the ccp is that high,I say that only because never had any starter kick back at all.I have had setups with over 200 lbs of ccp and I intentionally did this setup to avoid those negative side effects.It is pretty torquey,but the power is linear throughout rpm band,Mike

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
mvent said:
That should be about 9.6:1 CR and about 185 ccp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts