V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there using sbc vortec 1 heads with 570 S&S gear drive cams? and any opinions on these sbc heads would be appreciated. I'm either going to buy these heads and cams or go with Deweys pro street heads and andrews 67g gear drive cams,recomended by Deweys.Any feedback would be appreciated good or bad. Happy New Year roadchaser

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
At the top of the page there is a search feature. You should try it out, you might be surprized how much info there is on that subject. But I am sure you will get replys too.

:welcome: the forum.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You can get the exact same numbers or perhaps a little better with the 570G for significantly less money by using out of the box SE performance heads, $600.00 at Zanotti's and you have your heads left to sell. The 570's like a true 10CR and most likely the reworked heads will not have 78 cc chambers.
A little over 90HP and 100TQ, maybe 95/105 with the SE heads.

If you ask Dewey what the expected numbers are for what he proposes you would have all the relevant data to make a decision.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Dewey's pro-street heads and the Andrews 67G or the S.E. 257 are making ALOT more than that ! Look on his web site. 111 hp 109 TQ. several dyno's from different states.Dewey's is making more than that with the Andrews 37 cams ! 103 -109 tq.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
roadchaser said:
appreciate the info. silver bullet and i am very new at this. sbc vortec 1 heads are 700.00 with comp. releases and charlie claims i will get around 105-110 hp and tq and i can use my flatop pistons and get around 10;1 comp . these heads are a little cheaper than Deweys. Let me know what you think of sbc;s headwork. Peace and Prayers Roadchaser
Just so you know who you are asking your question to, Silver bullet is Dewey.

·
Read Only
2006 Road King Classic
507 Posts
springer- said:
Just so you know who you are asking your question to, Silver bullet is Dewey.

:whisper: :roflback: :roflback:

They should make him post that pic of myself. The Freddy Fender one. :D

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
roadchaser said:
appreciate the info. silver bullet and i am very new at this. sbc vortec 1 heads are 700.00 with comp. releases and charlie claims i will get around 105-110 hp and tq and i can use my flatop pistons and get around 10;1 comp . these heads are a little cheaper than Deweys. Let me know what you think of sbc;s headwork. Peace and Prayers Roadchaser
110 HP AND TQ with a 570, heads and 10 to 1??? Let me give you the technical / engineering response to that. BULLSHITT!

First of all, roadchaser, you would do yourself a service by getting off the numbers game and evaluating how you ride. Are you a bar hopper, street racer? Touring? Pavement burner on the highways and byways? 2 up....weight.....like to brag about the HP number to the guys you are drinking with or beating these same guys on the street with your TQ number??

The 570 does not start to bite until it is well into the rpm band. It is a high end cam. The 37 develops more TQ and it does it earlier than the 570 on a well built 95 with high velocity heads. I'm not going to speak of another man's work. Let's just say that build to build, I have seen Dewey's heads outperform plenty of them with just a changeout of that one component. Certainly more than the SE Performance heads out of the box. Does that mean you shouldn't save some cash if you have a chance to? No. But forget getting 110 on both bands with a low end pull with the combo you are asking about. You want an opinion? Here's mine. Deweys heads with the 37 for strong, smooth and reliable. Deweys heads with Wood TW5 for even better low end to mid yank and nice addition to the upper end breathing. Deweys heads with the Andrews 67 (or SE 257) for great all around performance that definitely has the numbers in the 100's for TQ and HP. How do I know this enough to give MY opinion? Cause I build them. And I have tested hundreds of comparison builds for pipes, cams, and heads..........."JUST SO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ASKING YOUR QUESTION TO".

Happy New Year to all!

G

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
110 HP AND TQ with a 570, heads and 10 to 1??? Let me give you the technical / engineering response to that. BULLSHITT!
I would second this technical response.
In fact I would put money on it. LOL.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Grock SilverBullett Springer are all guys when give you their opinion its based on facts not bs. sometimes there is a lot of info to swallow at once when you ask a question. if you want an opinion send your stock heads out to be ported get your barrells bored put in a tw5 and 3:37 gearing get it tuned and be done with it.for the heads use one of the gentlemen who responded to your question you will not regret it. now with all that said your sure to do something totally diffrent.
Hey, Deluxe! You have to take it easy on us old timers with the photos this year. The damn things get me all confused!!

PS - You snuck up on her again didn't you?? This time while she had her crank in her hand taking a leak, right?? (Told you you got me all bamboozled!!!)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You have a whole library of this stuff, don't you? You been walking around with a peckercam for the last ten years, huh?
Anyway, if you are going to get in trouble for all this, if it's all the same to you, change it back to the previous photo.

And thanks!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
this picture was taken about ten yrs ago in captiva isl fla. pre 3 kids and about 35 lbs lighter. if she caught me talking like this shed fck kill me.
So does that mean you're still married to her? Can you post a pic of you and her on the bike together?

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
adlerx grock requested me to change the pic the one thats up there now i got in an email sent to me from a coworker. as far as my wife and i on the bike she hates my bike said she will never get on it. but i will try as soon as the weather gets better.
Does she really hate the bike; or hate the fact that you love the bike more than her:yes: and that is why she will have nothing to do with it?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Between normal confusion and memory loss, I'm really screwed up now. You sure that was the photo that was up there previously? Don't remember her being a redhead!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.