V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
hearitage 04 vivid black
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a tri bar head light for my 04 hearitage last summer . and today i went out to put a brighter light bulb in it .i notice that the chrome is coming off the inside so i need another headlight. any one have any opinions on what i can get

·
Registered
322 Posts
candle power for the flat lens and the fact it has a decent pattern have not seen the 04 up lamp,nor the hid systems out yet(at night when it matters) ride hard cb

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
harley04 said:
i bought a tri bar head light for my 04 hearitage last summer . and today i went out to put a brighter light bulb in it .i notice that the chrome is coming off the inside so i need another headlight. any one have any opinions on what i can get

Not sure whose tri-bar headlight you have, but I had a conversation with one of the powers-to-be at Adjure last year and he said that they do recommend any of the high output bulbs along with most of the various high performance xenon boosted bulbs because of the heat they produce. He said that they tested various bulb mfg's and found that most of the so called high performance aftermarket bulbs produced heat ranging from 2, 3 & 4 times greater than a an OEM bulb. I think you'll also find somewhere in the small print that came with your headlamp that using a high output bulb will void whatever ltd. warranty you may have on that headlight since it may cause the problems you're experiencing.

·
hearitage 04 vivid black
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SFTL-1 said:
Not sure whose tri-bar headlight you have, but I had a conversation with one of the powers-to-be at Adjure last year and he said that they do recommend any of the high output bulbs along with most of the various high performance xenon boosted bulbs because of the heat they produce. He said that they tested various bulb mfg's and found that most of the so called high performance aftermarket bulbs produced heat ranging from 2, 3 & 4 times greater than a an OEM bulb. I think you'll also find somewhere in the small print that came with your headlamp that using a high output bulb will void whatever ltd. warranty you may have on that headlight since it may cause the problems you're experiencing.

the chrome came off with the bulb that came in it not the brighter bulb . the bulb i got is a piaa 55/60 its suppose to be brighter but not with all the heat. would it be better to get one without the tri bar i think they call it a trilliant bulb.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I was told that all 60/55 bulbs will all have varying levels of heat output even though they're all 60/55 watt bulbs. I ended up buying the new HD headlight. I use a 60/55 30% xenon boosted Candlepower bulb and from the reports I've heard about the various Tri-bar type headlights vs. the new Harley light, I felt the Harley light was a better choice for light output, beam pattern and overall quality. Do a search on Adjure & Tri-bar and I think you'll find mixed reviews.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts