V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a longer headlight wiring harness that I could put on my 05 Train? I need a couple inches and while I could do a splice solder and shrink tube Id rather start with a new longer one.

Thanks

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
You can make an extension by soldiering male spade connectors to the cut or bare end of a cannibalized harness. You'd plug the spades into the OE socket and the new socket to the bulb. You could even de-pin the OE socket to save some room (might be tight with two sockets) and shrink wrap the connection.

·
Bank Robber
959 Posts
If you do decide to splice, some of the solder connectors sold by Radio Shack work nicely to keep things neat and clean. I used those when I extended my main harness for my apes.

Are you speaking of the headlamp lead which plugs into the main harness. If so, that one is even eaiser as there are only three (If I recall) wires. (I had to make 12 connections).

Just out of curiosity, what do you need the extra length for? You might be able to free up a little slack by re-adjusting the main harness position where it goes into the frame tube near the front of the tank (I assume your 05 train is similar to my 03 WG).

Cheers,

Fangar

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the things I like the most about my buddys springer is the headlight location. I made a new mount to relocate the light up on my Train. Not that much but it changes the way the bike looks. There is not enough slack in the cable to make it. I would rather shorten a harness thats too long then lengthen one but if its a splice I gotta do, ok. I do like the RS connectors. I use this out there shrink tube the guys use at work to seal it off. I am going to be putting on a set of Wild1 560's at the same time so I will be stretching all that too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts