V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a headlight trim ring on my Street Glide but I don't want the H-D version that attaches over the stock ring. Someone mentioned Drag or Custom Chrome, but the only ones I see in the catalogs are for different bikes, not the FLH's. Anyone got the right part??

·
Yup....paid my $15.00
143 Posts
Do yourself a favor and forget the HD Bezel.

It's absolute junk, imho. I had one and I have to say that it was one of the worst fitting products made by the Moco.

First, it whistles the faster you go because it catches air between the space where the ring meets. Second, it just does not fit right.

I had purchased the Nacelle Bezel by Headwinds:

http://www.headwinds.com/dressers and bezels.htm

It's a bit pricey, but a beautiful piece of Billet. You will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
vrod-NYC said:
Do yourself a favor and forget the HD Bezel.

Gorgeous, but pricey. The sticker shock may not be good for your health. :eek:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
vrod-NYC said:

http://www.headwinds.com/dressers and bezels.htm

It's a bit pricey, but a beautiful piece of Billet. You will not be disappointed.
Expensive, but dammit... it is gorgeous.

Added to my short list... thanks for the link.

I have the HD trim and while it is a pain to get to fit right, it looks good and was cheap. I can buy 10 for the price of the Headwinds... I'm switching to the Headwinds because I have a problem.

·
Yup....paid my $15.00
143 Posts
Trust me on this one....

That Headwinds Trim Ring is bitch'n!

But, it's all in how much you want to spend. You get what you pay for.

The HD one is thin, makes a whistling sound like the crossing guard outside your local school at 3:00, and never will fit well. :thumbsdn:

The Headwinds is 100% Billet. :yes:

But, it is expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I have the HD one and it fits great and doesn't whistle at all. Are you sure you put it on right or that you got the right one?

·
Yup....paid my $15.00
143 Posts
Yeah, I put it on right.

I'm not the only one that had this problem either.

I remember reading a full blown thread on here about guys complaining about the fit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My HD one sucks!

I asked my service manager if I was doing something wrong--he thought it was odd mine didnt come with chrome tape to make the seam look good:thumbsdn:

Anyways--I didnt buy the HD passing lamp covers, cause I was waiting for a post like this one--anyone have ones from J&P or Drag?

Looking for input!

PEZ www.hogtunes.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Man I like to have had a heart attack, can't believe the prices. would like to see one in hand, just like to hold gold.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Ive got the trim ring with the built in visor on my 03 RK. I had to use a longer screw than provided and it fits perfectly. I've had it off several times messing with the lights (updated to clear) and it's re-installed perfectly every time.

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have the H-D trim ring on my Fatty and it rattles no matter how much I tighten the screw. Have to agree on the poor fit...however, I will come up with some sort of remedy for it before I will spend $300 on the Headwinds one. Just my thoughts...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts