V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a nacelle on a Deluxe? Was at dealership and they said they didn't make them for Deluxe. They said the Fatboy, Heritage was different.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
mori55 said:
Has anyone put a nacelle on a Deluxe? Was at dealership and they said they didn't make them for Deluxe. They said the Fatboy, Heritage was different.
As usual the dealer is stupid. The only difference between the Fatboy and Deluxe for parts fitment is the bar risers and the stock exhaust. You can use the nacelle without the riser cover if you have the stock risers or the complete nacelle if you have heritage/fatboy risers. Give me a few minutes and I post a pic of my bike with the nacelle.

Joe

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Here's a couple pics of my bike with the nacelle.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Yep, that's the kit I also got the hardware kit for the running lights. I don't think you really need it though. I used a couple of the bolts and the threaded studs but I could have gotten them from the local hardware that stocks chrome bolts. I also had to grind the back of the brackets for the drive lights, the cast in spacers are too thick with the nacelle on the bike to slip the light assembly over the front end. Also if you want a different trim ring for the headlight(mines the visor) you use the touring style not the softail style.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
jasilva said:
Yep, that's the kit I also got the hardware kit for the running lights. I don't think you really need it though. I used a couple of the bolts and the threaded studs but I could have gotten them from the local hardware that stocks chrome bolts. I also had to grind the back of the brackets for the drive lights, the cast in spacers are too thick with the nacelle on the bike to slip the light assembly over the front end. Also if you want a different trim ring for the headlight(mines the visor) you use the touring style not the softail style.

Joe
Here's a pic of my bike , i have the visors . You said touring nacelle?? Is it a different part #?
Or are you talking about this? http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4309077613&bmUID=1144535565664&bmLocale=en_US

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
No, you use the kit you linked to(Fatboy kit) but you have to use the headlight trim rings for touring models. Your visor from the stock headlight won't work. The softails use 1 screw driven thru the tab on the trim ring into the housing to attach the trim ring. The nacelle kit trim rings have two screws that clamp the trim ring around the nacelle.

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
jasilva, can't tell from the pics, but, did you close up the space between the bottom of the nacelle and th etop of the upper fork cover?
If so, how did you do it?

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
mjedude said:
jasilva, can't tell from the pics, but, did you close up the space between the bottom of the nacelle and th etop of the upper fork cover?
If so, how did you do it?
I'm not sure which space you mean. I have a slight gap between the beercan fork covers and the nacelle and I didn't close off the bottom of the nacelle.

Joe

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Man, that nacelle looks beefy. I've always liked it on the FLSTF. Been thinking about it for Lady Lux. Mori, I noticed that the '06 H-D catalog has a set of bars with the Road King bend that are a stock fit for the FLSTN, no wiring changes. I really like the popular RK bend, feels right for me. I've been thinking hard about switching, just hate to give up the trick beach bars. Anyway, Mori, did you see I posted some notes about BB Repro's shop?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Speaking of nacelle's. I put one on my fatboy awhile ago but now I'm looking to add risers. Problem is with out the riser cover it doesnt look finished. I saw a peice that covers this and aslo thought about making something from steel plate and painting it to match. Seems like a good idea in theory just have to take the bars and risers off to make the template. Any ideas or opinion would be great. I like the bars it just seems a bit jigher would be perfect...
Thanks
JTS

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
Check www.cyclevisions.com/coverup.html. Looks really cool. Stumbled across it and thought I would share.

I saw a pic of a bike on EBAY of a Deluxe with a nacelle and some black powder coated wheels. Check this out. I reckon its way cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harl...ewItemQQcategoryZ49994QQitemZ4644227966QQrdZ1

Not trying to plug any sale at all just share a pic of a fine looking luxo. Sorry bloody crapola dial up means its all just too slow and hard to attach things and that. I need a tutor.

See yas out there.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bringing this old post back, wondering if i could see some pics of more Deluxes with nacelles and stock risers. Also what has to be done to make the windshield work.
Do the cycle vision cover up work with the stock risers?

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
I do not run a nacelle, but thought someone could benefit from the cover I stumbled across. I would also like to see more pics of Deluxes with nacelles and any bar/risers-

Post nacelle pics guys!!

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts