V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and some lads are planning a trip down to FT. Lauderdale and we are looking for some good roads to ride down. We are going to be coming from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and was wondering if anybody could tell us a good route to take.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not this year, I will be spending that time working in south africa. My father lives down there and gonna drive this year rather than fly. Want to find the best route, back roads style no 4 lane highways.

·
Registered
467 Posts
the skyline drive in Va and the blue ridge parkway will get you through part of NC and Va and while here in WNC need to do the Tail of the Dragon.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Where will you cross into the US? Hear in Fl, along the east coast and the central part of the state there are a few nice ways down. US1, A1A (much slower than US1) US17, US301 and US 441 to name a few.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Anytime I was going to strange country and didn't want to ride the interstates (which is most of the time), I get an Atlas from WalMart for $5 or $6. Look for the scenic roads marked with dots. Most of the time you can't go wrong. Just look for them going in the direction you want to go.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
easyriderdan said:
the skyline drive in Va and the blue ridge parkway will get you through part of NC and Va ...
I took this route to biketoberfest last year. It rained the whole fucken way. Don't forget your raingear, waterproof boots, a couple pair of gloves and soft lowers.

wyo

·
Registered
985 Posts
Good advice on rain gear. It is always unpredictable here as far as wx goes.
You can ride A1A most of the time, it will just take you forever if that's what you're into.
If you want to get it over with, then I95, or hit the FL Turnpike.
There aren't that many options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts