V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold all my SE HTCC stuff, starting fresh. I am thinking of the HQ 107 Revolution Sport Tour build. This was recommended by my builder when I first went to him with my SE stuff. This may be partly due to the fact that we are located in Canada and Head Quarters may be more readily available being that they are located in Canada (and US). The build is;

Sport Touring package includes Head Quarters HVP ported heads and Millenium (Rev Perf) cylinders with CP forged pistons for 10.5:1 compression ratio, HQ-TC-575-HC cams.

Link to more info....

http://www.head-quarters.com/html/tc107_kits.html

Anyone have experience with this build and can share how it worked out? All comments are welcome, it was the input I receive here that led me to where I am with this...and the advice was greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
145 Posts
You might want to stay away from those Mellenium cylinders. Do a search and read about all of the problems people (including myself) have had with them.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
options

Many great options out there for the factory cylinders. HQ, Baisley, Hillside, and R&R are all great porting choices. I like the cnc ported R&R the best because it takes out core shift. There R&D is unsurpassed and customer service is exceptional with there head technology. I have used these heads on 73" engines and 200 plus inch engines. I'm a distributor for them and stock their kits.

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Will do...thanks. I keep thinking maybe I should be patient and do the baisley 103" build

You won't have any regrets with Baisley's. I did my first build with them since they are right here in town. Then regreted not using them for the second.

Chris

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Build

Will do...thanks. I keep thinking maybe I should be patient and do the baisley 103" build
MCHam,
Almost the same thing to Hillside as to Sombra for you...Went to Hillside two weeks ago....Have had super support from Scott...When it really counts..
Actually cross border maybe cheaper since that's where all the parts are from anyway...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
373 Posts

The 103 is a fine option, as the difference in 103 / 107 is nominal. In fact, it's not uncommon to see results from their 103's that are as good as the 107's because they can control the fit of the piston on cylinders that they bore. On the Milleniums, they (HQ) have no control of the fit.

Additionally, HQ will do a 107" package for you that uses HD jugs rather than the Milleniums, if you ask them to...

If you have not done so yet, give them a call and chat with doug or Kevin. You will NOT be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Dont mean to thread jack,but what kind of dyno # can we expect from an HQ 103 build,I was told 110hp 120TQ how close would these #s be?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Hey Phil....the stock jugs on a 96" can be bored to 107"???
Yes sir....

R440... Those are reasonable numbers. However, as has been pointed out lately... How it "ride/runs" is really more important than "numbers". I think what they target for the "Sport Touring" 103 is 115/120.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
does that leave enough material? I have never heard of that before, is it common practise?
More and more folks starting to do it. I believe the HQ stance is that it is not something they advertise or push, but will do upon request.

Given your concern, perhaps the tried & true 103 is a better option...???...

Honestly, the difference between the two is nominal.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
You will not be disapointed with the HQ package. I am running one of there 107's which I believe they call the sport package (Josey Whales cams). They will produce power from top to bottom. Also quiet as stock valve train. I am running the Rev. Perf. cylinders with 4500 miles and no problems so far. If I did have a problem I am sure Doug would stand by it.

What bike, and what kind of riding do you do?

Forgot to add that I killed a V-Rod last summer and I am talking not even close and he hit it before me!

Kelly

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
You will not be disapointed with the HQ package. I am running one of there 107's which I believe they call the sport package (Josey Whales cams). They will produce power from top to bottom. Also quiet as stock valve train. I am running the Rev. Perf. cylinders with 4500 miles and no problems so far. If I did have a problem I am sure Doug would stand by it.

What bike, and what kind of riding do you do?

Forgot to add that I killed a V-Rod last summer and I am talking not even close and he hit it before me!

Kelly
so how is the throttle response?where are the cams commin on at 2500 or so?
when ya hit the throttle is it wanting to go or does it take a bit to get wound up?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
r440, I moved from Los Angeles to Denver so as you know the altitude makes a huge difference.
To answer your questions, the throttle response is great, and no it does not have to spool up. I really do not feel the cams hit hard at a certain rpm (which may be a result of the CS slip-on) it just pulls right to 6k.

I had Doug set the cr at 11.5 to make up for the loss due to altitude. I do not plan to ever ride this bike near sea level so it is not an issue. Now this is in an 07 Dyna so it is a light bike.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
sounds like a fun ride you got there

·
Registered
534 Posts
my friend has a HQ 103" with the josey wales cam, 11:1 comp, runs strong, pulls like crazy over 3000... its in an '07 flhx, and made about 106/116...

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My bike is an 07 Fatboy..slowly turning it into a Softail Custom..floorboards, big honkin fenders etc. are gone etc. My riding is a mixed bag of around town to 3 to 4 hour jaunts. Not much touring and not much passenger. I pounch in around 190lbs.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
I believe that Axtell makes a cylinder kit that uses an iron sleeve just like stock cylinders do. Then with HQ cams and heads!!!!! Look out!!!!!

·
Hopalong
314 Posts
I put one together yesterday, and after heat cycling 4 times, made a couple of pulls to get cruise/wot AFR close for break in- made 110/110 STD 4th gear at 852' elevation. HQ 107 ST kit, HQ HVP heads, my cyls bored to fit RevPerf pistons, HQ 575 cams, D&D FatCat. Will tune at 500 miles or so.
HTH
Robin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts