V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together different configurations for a New Year build, can anybody advise on the major differences between Dewey, Big Boys and Baisley heads? These seem to be the big three head porters everyone is using. At this point I will most likley be using HDWRENCH 98 kit with Woods 6HG cam and probably a pro pipeor T Header. Heads will need to be set up for high lift cam and roller valve train. Budget for head work is around $1000.00. What is the difference in the three Porters?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SILVER BULLET said:
Ask GROCK ,he just pulled 107 hp. and 120 TQ. with the 98 inch and Woods 6HG cams and cycle shack pipes. Dewey's heads !
Thats awesome, Thats what I need to cart my big butt around with the wife and a trailer. Can the build be posted with the specific engine parts and headwork that was done?

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
The difference is price and small percentage in the numbers game (at best). The single biggest performance modification will be the tuner you pick to tune your build. He will know how to extract every last ounce of power out of the combination you choose. As previously mentioned GRock knows how to do that and would make most any good combination of parts perform well.

I have a pretty standard answer for these kind of questions. Call them all and see who is talking the language you want to hear. Pick the one that you feel most comfortable with. Not everyone offers the same thing and you need to find the one that offers what you are looking for.

Good luck which ever way you go.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Peacekeeper said:
Putting together different configurations for a New Year build, can anybody advise on the major differences between Dewey, Big Boys and Baisley heads? These seem to be the big three head porters everyone is using. At this point I will most likley be using HDWRENCH 98 kit with Woods 6HG cam and probably a pro pipeor T Header. Heads will need to be set up for high lift cam and roller valve train. Budget for head work is around $1000.00. What is the difference in the three Porters?
HDW will do the heads too. How does he factor into the other 3?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GPO03FatBoy said:
HDW will do the heads too. How does he factor into the other 3?
Dont know? Do you have any more info?:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
springer- said:
The difference is price and small percentage in the numbers game (at best). The single biggest performance modification will be the tuner you pick to tune your build. He will know how to extract every last ounce of power out of the combination you choose. As previously mentioned GRock knows how to do that and would make most any good combination of parts perform well.

I have a pretty standard answer for these kind of questions. Call them all and see who is talking the language you want to hear. Pick the one that you feel most comfortable with. Not everyone offers the same thing and you need to find the one that offers what you are looking for.

Good luck which ever way you go.
Thanks Springer, I will be making those phone calls after the new year.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Peacekeeper said:
Dont know? Do you have any more info?:hmmm:
Sorry no, except that he's selling and building the 98 kits with good numbers and his port work is priced pretty competitively.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GPO03FatBoy said:
Sorry no, except that he's selling and building the 98 kits with good numbers and his port work is priced pretty competitively.
I spoke to Steve on the phone several weeks ago but the conversation was focused on the cylinder coating and heat dissipation. I will check into it. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
Ask GROCK ,he just pulled 107 hp. and 120 TQ. with the 98 inch and Woods 6HG cams and cycle shack pipes. Dewey's heads !
When you gonna send me that dyno to post? I want to see it! bad ass! Way to tune Grock!

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Winner "2005 Dynojet Horsepower Challenge"

Peacekeeper said:
I have no advice for you but I can't help notice that this guy is in the same state as you; don't know if that counts for anything?
http://www.tmanperformance.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The_Snowman said:
I have no advice for you but I can't help notice that this guy is in the same state as you; don't know if that counts for anything?
http://www.tmanperformance.com/index.html

Hello Snowman..............merry xmas to you buddy..........hope your lovely lady is enjoying the big sandbox...............

If you look at the graph on the posted 2005 dyno winners bike you will see it starts above 3000 and then launches....................a stock bike would put up more grunt between 2000/3000 where we all ride compared to this.

Not to take anything away from T Man heads as he has won many of the dyno shoot outs..........but 1.8 intake ports should tell everyone where his aims are...............and with the right gearing these bikes fly..........

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts