V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking at the James head gaskets and they offer 2 different styles. One is a blue teflon and the other is what they call a fire ring. They are priced about the same. Looking for advise on which would be the better gasket. Or any other brand for that matter.
They will be used in a 75 FLH.
Thanks.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
stcroix949 said:
Hello, I am looking at the James head gaskets and they offer 2 different styles. One is a blue teflon and the other is what they call a fire ring. They are priced about the same. Looking for advise on which would be the better gasket. Or any other brand for that matter.
They will be used in a 75 FLH.
Thanks.

I've used almost every Shovelhead gasket made from stock to the James ones. They all work just fine. Shovelheads have little trouble with head gaskets unless something silly has been done to them like, for example, milling the heads.

As you know, they have the flange which extends up into the head and this takes the stress off of the gaskets.

I like the blue James gaskets but, as I said, any of them will work just fine assuming you torque/tighten the head bolts properly.

Good luck. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts