V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all cover your head with when riding (other than a helmet)?
I am getting pretty thin on top, and wear a ball cap most of the time, but don't see that as a possibility when riding (unless anyone has a suggestion). I bought some bandanas to try, but am not real comfortable wearing one of these things yet.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear (or how to wear it) to protect from the sun, wind and such?
I appreciate all feedback.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Mike, I always wear a skull cap under my helmet, keeps the helmet from picking up sweet. And a sweety helmet is down right foul!

I prefer to wear a skull cap even in those States that do not require. Keeps my head from being sunburned. A ballcap would be just as effective.

Wear whatever is comfortable for you.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Flash, I wear the classic black, quilted, welders type cap available at any steal... er... dealer.
Even at highway speeds this cap usually stays put,it has an elastic strap on the back so it fits nice & snug.

One nice feature of this hat is it can be easily rolled up & put in a pocket or saddlebag.

Cost is about $20.00. guido

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You can either turn the ballcap around or wear one of THESE

Tried all sorts of bandanas, and these seem the least objectionable to me. They also are very large compared to most and do a good job of protecting your neck from the sun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts