V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well campers, let me tell you the story about how my motorcycle came to life. As we all know, Father MoCo sends us limp, lagging, lazy scooters. It's up to us to breathe some fire into them. So the MoCo sells us "Performance Parts" and to a large extent they work. I had a 95" BB with SE High Performance Heads and S&S 510g cams. Worked well. I wanted better. Thru my wanderings in the vast waste land of the internet, I discovered V-twin forum. A vertible Mecca of information, assistance and friendships. This discovery led me to GMR Performance in Arizona. HDWrench is a most helpful guide in the performance arena. So I digs deep into my dusty denims, produce the appropriate amount of moolah and Yee Haaw.... 98" Revolution kit is on my door step, curtesy of a now stooped over UPS delivery man. HD also fluffed up my stock heads with new valves and I installed Comp Cams lifters at his suggestion. Keeping the S&S 510g's as they are very close to Andrews 37g's. Got it put together, fired it up, heat cycled it, and gave her some miles.

Now...... this is where it gets fuzzy. Somewhere along my break in ride, things happened. To this day I can't explain it. Something happened to my right wrist. NO, it didn't go limp, but it sure did snap back. If you have ridden scooters for any length of time you by now realize that I wacked the throttle. Still don't know what or how that happened. Honest.

Remember that "fuzzy" part? Well that was my vision. I swear to you, that as long as I have been riding scooters (over 35 years now) I have NEVER had one jump out from under me like mine tried to do. The crispness, torque and revs are absolutely AWESOME!!!!!

All I can say is if you are considering performance upgrades, try the 98" Revolution setup. Worth every penny you will spend. I'll be getting her on a dyno in the near future and will attempt to post the sheet in here once thats done.

HD, thanks for all your phone assistance!!

?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Congrats there gezzerglide. You must have that perma grin that Wrench always talks about....I can't wait for mine. New house though so i am broke....Now alls we need are finished build pics and burnout or wheelie pics....C'mon take nice ones i need a new wallpaper for my PC.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
You know you are costing me some money with this glowing report of yours, don't you? :nunu:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
Now...... this is where it gets fuzzy. Somewhere along my break in ride, things happened. To this day I can't explain it. Something happened to my right wrist. NO, it didn't go limp, but it sure did snap back. If you have ridden scooters for any length of time you by now realize that I wacked the throttle. Still don't know what or how that happened. Honest.

All I can say is if you are considering performance upgrades, try the 98" Revolution setup. Worth every penny you will spend. I'll be getting her on a dyno in the near future and will attempt to post the sheet in here once thats done.

HD, thanks for all your phone assistance!!

?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty: ?prty:
I'm really glad to hear this as I just purchased his 98" kit. Heads by GMR, 37G cams. I started tearing things apart yesterday. Heads go out tomorrow.

What exhaust are you running?

Rick

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Glad to hear the report!!! :banana:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Hey Geezer...you try that auto primary chain tensioner yet ???

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Hey Geezer-
Your post is kinda interesting. Seems like most of the techs crap all over the
510gs. I've got them in my 95" and think they're great.
In my next bike I planned to go 98" with the 37's.
Now I'm wonderiing.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Don't forget the 3.37's we installed, too.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SYCLONE said:
Hey Geezer...you try that auto primary chain tensioner yet ???
Hey Sy... I forgot all about letting you know about it. Yea, AirGlider and I put it in and it's working fine so far. No noise at all. I'm going to pull the inspection hatch tomorrow and take a lookie see at the shoe. It has about 200 miles on it now.

Thanks again!!!!!

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nvsteve said:
Hey Geezer-
Your post is kinda interesting. Seems like most of the techs crap all over the
510gs. I've got them in my 95" and think they're great.
In my next bike I planned to go 98" with the 37's.
Now I'm wonderiing.
You need to talk to HD, he'll tell you all about the differences. Too small for me to spend the bucks to gain about 3 to 5 HP and the same TQ. He fluffed up my heads to compliment the 510's. They like the lower compression of the stock heads that are worked to about 9.7 or 9.8 CR.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eglider05 said:
I'm really glad to hear this as I just purchased his 98" kit. Heads by GMR, 37G cams. I started tearing things apart yesterday. Heads go out tomorrow.

What exhaust are you running?

Rick

V&H ProPipe HS. Standard baffle.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dwarthog said:
You know you are costing me some money with this glowing report of yours, don't you? :nunu:
:harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:
It's all about cubic dollars my brother!!!!!!!!
:harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Ok just because he has longer arms now from the arm stretching tq DOES not mean that I am going out to walmart to by new shirts for any one!!!! LOL :laugh: I am glad to hear you are happy, now for those with short arms and want longer ones WELL just give me a call , we can fix you right up, or if in town take my 124 for a ride, ( dont forget to bring a fresh pair!!!) if that does not do it well maybe a 131 is in your future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts