V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how things changed powerwise when you went from the woods 9f cam to the S&S640. How much more power did you make and where did you make it? It's something I'm considering doing in my 124". I'm not too impressed with how the 9f's are playing with the heads I have and I'm thinking of trying the 640's. Did you keep the compression the same or bump it up with the change to the 640? Btw, what is your static cr. with the setup you have.? I'm at a shade under 11:1, maybe 10.8 - 10.9 and I'm hoping not to end up loosing the good low rpm torque I have with the 9f. For heads I have a set of cycle rama ported 2.1" intake heads. a 53mm HPI throttle body and a race tuner with a boarzilla. Quite disapointed in the 134 HP and 135 lbs tq STD 5th gear I've ended up with. I could use any advice you have as there aren't a great lot of motors out there like this to take cues from.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I like the S&S cam but your set ups are vastly different, I run 12.6.1 compression, a 1.800 round port intake and a 54 mm t/b WHite bros pipe mountian core no end cap 18 discs. For the heads work they are THE BOMB really, one off not been done before that or since then. Welding, jigging things around in there. But feel free to call me and we can chat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts