V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I often see posts that say "Such and such is Harley's best kept secret".

What do you think are Harley's best kept secrets (no longer to be secret after this thread :whistle:)

Here's a couple to get things started ...

The FLHT -- minimalist tourer waiting to be customized.
The FLTRI -- looks can be decieving.
???

-bluelab

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Buells bought used. Let the first guy take the big hit in depreciation then snap one up for cheap and have a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

·
EVOs are cool
141 Posts
Telling secrets, with apologies

This secret is so well kept that the MOCO places a death curse on anyone who tells the secret ... I'm hoping they can't identify me because this is the internet ... but I heard that all Harleys are actually imported from South Korea where they're cranked out in the same factories that make Home Depot lawnmowers. The factories in the USA don't make or assemble anything, they are elaborate stages with props. The workers are actors who are paid to pretend that they are making motorcycles. A new Harley off the boat costs the MOCO between $700 and $1000 depending on the model. That's why Willie G. is always smiling. Please don't spread the word on this ... I own some HD stock and I don't want my FLHS's value to go down.

·
Retired USN
61 Posts
When the engine is running the bike vibrates.(Shhhhhh, don't let it out)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
All Patriot Red Pearl '94fxdwg have engraved under the seats "to Elvis from Jimmy Dean" and are so valuable that the company is trying to buy them back.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Dealer Invoice price (what the dealer pays HD to get the bike) is about 25% less then MSRP on just about all models.

It only costs the dealer about $125 in parts/fluid etc, and between one and two hours of labor to "Setup" a bike for sale.

Enjoy...

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Dirty Jim works for the MOCO. His mission is to cover the internet with doom and gloom so the MOCO can buy all their stock back at reduced prices.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
You can run syn in all 3 holes. And those chaps do make your ass look fat. (2 secrets for the price of one.)

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
csoday said:
Dirty Jim works for the MOCO. His mission is to cover the internet with doom and gloom so the MOCO can buy all their stock back at reduced prices.
Or...it could just be that he has a bad case of OCD:hystria:

·
Banned
154 Posts
Similar to the twinkies secret.....
Every HD ever made was produced before 1957. They have a huge stockpile and are slowly releasing them. Truman sold them the secrets of the crashed Roswell UFO, and HD incorporated them into the bikes and their production methods.

Can you believe an interstellar craft is EFI?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Ok, now that's a good one!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Love yer avatar......is that what you wear when you sneak yer wife's ricer out for a ride?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts