V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a map from these guys.
My bike is an o2 FLHRCI,95",203 cams,S.E A/C and performance mufflers and stage 2 download.
Thanks,
Snoz

·
Banned
48 Posts
snozzau said:
My bike is an o2 FLHRCI,95",203 cams,S.E A/C and performance mufflers and stage 2 download.
Thanks,
Snoz
That map comes on the Race Tuner. there is no need to purchase one from them.

·
Banned
202 Posts
I emailed them a couple of times (a few months span between emails) asking about a custom map and still never received a reply.

If they cannot even follow up on a simple email - like they say to do on their site - then I would think of other options like reading the SERT manual.

·
Registered
33 Posts
snozzau said:
Thanks,
Snoz
Yeah, I bought one of there maps for my 04 DWG stage one with ThunderHeader. Turns out they started with the stage 2 map and modified it. Well, it popped on decel more than ever. Ended up using the map I was working with in the first place. Bottom line, I won't buy anymore of there maps. It now runs great after much tweaking. With perseverance you should be able to tune it pretty well by the seat of your pants. Worked for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My HDMaps experience..

I was apprehensive after reading posts here. My experience was fortunately much different. My emails were answered quickly and professionally. I have a 04 RK Classic..mild 95" build with SE perf heads, forged pistons, SE211 cams..stock head pipe with SE performance slip-ons. I was looking at various head pipe/slip-on combinations...I got honest answers and never any pressure to buy anything. So, I suppose, regardless of the business, there are going to be some who have unfortunate experiences. Since this thread asked for HDMaps experience, I thought I should share mine...which was extemely positive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cant find a map for my setup

2005 Road Glide
SE a/c
v&h pro pipe with comp baffle

Can someone point me in the direction to get a map that is close or maybe someone has already this map and can hook me up?

·
What up! Ride on
53 Posts
Good Communciations

I purchased a map for my 05 RK with Stage 2, True Duals,Ovals, 203 cams and flat tops.

Map gave me the most torque and hp to date. I spent months trying to do it by the "seat of the pants" method.

Gas mileage suxs 35 mpg.

I used the map when I ride with buddies and the stock sert map other times for the 48 mpg.

Answer emails and good communications.

These guys "hdmaps" train dyno guys and keep records. There maps are close and I would recommend unless you have many frustrating hours hoping you guess right.

·
Registered
503 Posts
mapping

Wolfx said:
2005 Road Glide
SE a/c
v&h pro pipe with comp baffle

Can someone point me in the direction to get a map that is close or maybe someone has already this map and can hook me up?
:D :D :D :D
Wolfx,
Go to Desert Thunder ( in St George ) on Dec 3 as I will be there with my DYNO :whisper:
Call Don or Shirley for a apt as they keep me very busy or ,call me 928-486-9193

Good Luck
Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Steve Handy said:
Wolfx,
Go to Desert Thunder ( in St George ) on Dec 3 as I will be there with my DYNO :whisper:
Call Don or Shirley for a apt as they keep me very busy or ,call me 928-486-9193

Good Luck
Steve
It was great talking to you today. I look forward to meeting up with you on Dec. 2nd. Have a safe trip and chat with you again soon.
Ed

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Steve Handy said:
Wolfx,

Good Luck
Steve,

Do you come to Laconia, NH in June?

YB

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lkaconia

Sorry,with fuel costs and cost of space ,the only big rally I work is Laughlin,Nv in april and I work that at Mother Road HD in Kingman,Az

Good Luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts