V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a tourpak for my RK and when looking at the parts section of the HD website, it never actually says whether the backrest pads come with it...very vague. Are they included in the $750 price?

Anyone actually know?

thanks
-G

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
No, they are not. I just ordered one when I got my RG.

Tour pack $799.95

backrest $239.95

And the mount. $179.95

And the lock cyl. $19.95

And, if you want to go this route, the four point dock to make it quick detach. $159.95

Total $1399.75

And that is right off my reciept, I just went and got it from my folder of crap for the bike. Gonna be worth it, but that is the straight deal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The back rest pad does come with the RK Tour Pack. I bought one last year and it was included.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
The back rest pad does come with the RK Tour Pack. I bought one last year and it was included.
We'll see when mine comes in. If it does, I'll just get a refund, but I was told it didn't.

I've since had others tell me thiers didn't. Interesting.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
BTW, I guess it would help if it was more clear which tour pack the OP was looking at. If you are talking about the leather ones as opposed to painted, it may come with it.

Gotta say I have no idea! lol

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The one I bought for my 07 RG came with the basic pad.
2011 RGU came with everything from the factory

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
was it a hard tour pack that you bought??

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Consider looking on Craig's List, do a wide search..
I have been, lots of broken/crashed stuff....and the aftermarket crappy ones that hinge forward.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was asking about the hard tour pak, but when looking at one for my year RK, it didn't say that it was sold separately...your link for the 2012 says it is separate. I had a suspicion that was the case.

Thanks!
Just wondering... King, Chopped, or Razor ? Different backrests. Would there be a difference with backrest inc. or not ?
I been thinking bout getting a sleek Razor but part of me says go chopped. The only thing I don't like on the chopped is the look of the backrest lower section.
SC

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just wondering... King, Chopped, or Razor ? Different backrests. Would there be a difference with backrest inc. or not ?
I been thinking bout getting a sleek Razor but part of me says go chopped. The only thing I don't like on the chopped is the look of the backrest lower section.
SC
I'm looking at King only....the others are not my kinda thing. I'll take it off when I want it to look better.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bet your passenger will love that one !! I just have to ask...speakers included ? :unsure:

SC
the speakers are extra, that much I know. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I went King Tour Pack with all the parts. After having a Givi on a different bike and a friend who has the Tour Pak that hinged forward, the King tour was the choice for me. I don't leave it on all the time, but when traveling it is really nice to toss the leathers and helmets in and lock it.

I really like the side hinge. It makes it really accessible. I went with the King because the chopped or razor don't look that different and you can't put two full helmets in them like you can the King tour. I bought new even though I looked at several on Craigs List and Ebay. Off older bikes, different key, many with some hard use or needed to be painted. After adding that up, I decided it was cheaper to buy new when my dealer had a sale. Many have a 10 or 15% sale near Christmas. I just added heated grips on a Veterans day dealer sale which included a discount on install. I'm looking at the dual tach/speedo for their next sale, 15% and it is done. Get the King if you are getting it to put stuff in.

·
Ride Free
1,000 Posts
I wouldn't discount the aftermarket tour pak's. Especially if it isn't going to be on there all the time. I did it this way with the box...

And this way when I just wanted a back rest.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts