V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
pictures are in service manual
Nope, that is why I ask . And a search does not show those two.
Someone I know has been convinced he needs a new clutch in a dam near new Street 750. More of that HD factory parts are no good clutch won't last 10K typo stuff . Now the indy telling him this BS is explaining he has to have the tools to do it his self and it would not be worth it for him to get them.
I have used other wedges to lock the thing from turning in the past That is why wanted to see what those tools looked like.

·
Super Moderator
21,737 Posts
This video shows the tools.

15:34 for the crank lock

16:44 for the clutch lock

Looks to me like you could wedge the gears to hold it, but then there might be a reason not to.

The cam drive set up looks fragile, so I would prolly not want to use an impact gun on that clutch nut.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This video shows the tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ46s4-ShOE

15:34 for the crank lock

16:44 for the clutch lock

Looks to me like you could wedge the gears to hold it, but then there might be a reason not to.

The cam drive set up looks fragile, so I would prolly not want to use an impact gun on that clutch nut.
Thank you very much. In the past I have used a wood block to lock gears > I won't be doing it and I am recommending he go see an Good dealer and not that indy. Something does not smell right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts