V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HD radio with the bike I just got. I have an owner's manual on order, so I need some help with this thing.

1) How do I adjust the clock? I've tried about everything.

2) The radio has some kind of automatic deal that turns the volume up and down. I can deal with the down when stopping. Between 40-50 MPH, it turns down and nearly off. Question is, is there a way to turn that thing off and keep the volume at one level?

3) Those of you with stereo's, do you wish you would have gone the Ipod or satellite radio route or are you happy with the in dash stereo? And those of you with the Ipod or satellite radios, same question.

Oh yeah, when I can afford it, I will get a rockin' stereo for the bike, unless I get negative feedback about having one.

Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
1) With the bike running or ign sw on accessory turn radio power "off". You should see the word "set" in lower right of display (next to the preset 6 button). Hours and minutes up/down should display after pressing "set".
2) Adjusting AVC (auto volume control) - with radio on press the audio sw on left hand grip control cluster. Cycle thru bass, treble, etc until AVC is displayed; adjust to suit.
3) Added XM myself on a RG. Antenna mounted all the way fwd on dash, ran wire internally. Spliced in a second cig lighter mounted inside the fairing and plugged the XM power adapter into that. I lined my left dash pocket with foam and put the XM unit inside. Currently use the XM transmitter to receive on unused FM freq. Next time I open fairing I will install the FM modulator.
I have a direct cable and have plugged into the Ipod jack on HD stereo, but I don't like the visible wire. Same reason I keep the unit inside the dash pocket, I just don't want the clutter. Downside is I can't change stations on the fly, but there are several XM channels that I can listen to non-stop.
No Ipod as of yet, wanted to try XM first and so far am a fan.

Hope this helps.

R/Fat

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does help. Now I'm going out to the garage to see if I can get things set.

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must have an older model radio? It only has four pre-sets. When I hit the left handlebar cluster as suggested, my only options are bass, treble and volume. No AVS pops up.

I did manage to set the clock. There was no "set" button on the stereo.

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope so. Anyone else out there wish they'd gone with an Ipod vs. a stereo or vice versa?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Maybe you need to be a little more specific. What year and model is your bike? is this the stock HD radio? Cassette or CD? The speed controlled volume adjusts differently on the post 06 harmon kardon HD sound system than previous models. If you are a little less sketchy about your bike and radio, maybe you can get your help.
How can an Ipod be better than a whole sound system? besides, you can plug your ipod into the aux input on the face of the hd stereo...

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
adlerx said:
Maybe you need to be a little more specific. What year and model is your bike? is this the stock HD radio? Cassette or CD? The speed controlled volume adjusts differently on the post 06 harmon kardon HD sound system than previous models. If you are a little less sketchy about your bike and radio, maybe you can get your help.
How can an Ipod be better than a whole sound system? besides, you can plug your ipod into the aux input on the face of the hd stereo...
I have an 04 E-Glide Standard. I don't know what year the radio is. I didn't think the Standards came with a radio. It does have a CD player on it. If I knew what year or model the radio was, I could Google it for info. Just trying to get help here first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try this .
Press & hold any 2 preset buttons , While turning the Ignition from off to on or Access.
Press lo/dx button to cycle through the Diag screens , Stop at AVC adjustment screen . To increse press the Mode Sel switch up . To lower press the switch down ,
It adjust from 0 ( OFF) to (1111) Most compensating .

Jack

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
onephsyco1 said:
Try this .
Press & hold any 2 preset buttons , While turning the Ignition from off to on or Access.
Press lo/dx button to cycle through the Diag screens , Stop at AVC adjustment screen . To increse press the Mode Sel switch up . To lower press the switch down ,
It adjust from 0 ( OFF) to (1111) Most compensating .

Jack
Hey Jack,
I did that and I got it adjusted to zero. I will ride my bike later to see if that works. Thanks for the input.
Mark

·
Registered
61 Posts
nixdad said:
Hey Jack,
I did that and I got it adjusted to zero. I will ride my bike later to see if that works. Thanks for the input.
Mark

Zero will not let it increase the volume !
Try (111) or (1111)
What was it on ?

Jack

·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those of you with stereo's, do you wish you would have gone the Ipod or satellite radio route or are you happy with the in dash stereo? And those of you with the Ipod or satellite radios, same question. For X-Mas, I will be asking Santa for either a good in-dash system with speakers or a set of molded dual driver ear phones.

Any comments?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I run my Ipod on my 07 Ultra through the stereo system - I got one of those RF thingy's and set it on a channel I am not using - works great. I don't know about all that other stuff because mine is working fine - it turns off and on - changes channels - changed the speakers to Hogtunes(no amp) improved the sound.... I like running my Ipod through the system.... mix my own stuff - RIDE TUNES 1 (under 40 MPH) 2 (under 70MPH) 3 cruising at 85 or better - that would be SRV!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts