V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the HD Sidekick Custom seat for my 05 Dyna from Chicago HD. Can't wait to try it out. I've got a Sundowner on the bike right now, which is comfortable but doesn't do much for the looks of the bike. From all the pictures I've seen, the Sidekick has a nice sleek look to it. Anybody have one of these?

I figure I'll use the Sidekick as my solo-riding seat and the Sundowner when my wife's with me. Anyways, I'm just excited as I haven't bought anything for my bike in almost a year so I had to post!

OrangeTJ

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Getting anxious

Dang it! I ordered this thing on the 3rd and still no word on delivery. Called Chicago HD on Monday and was told they "haven't gotten it yet". The guy didn't really have any idea when they would get it, either. Man....I just want the new seat!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Sidekick Custom Seat

Hi Orange TJ,
I have an 05 lowrider and I have looked at that same seat in the HD catalog. When you get it and get it on, I would really like to know how you like it and how it looks. Let us know. Thanks.
Chris

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first impression

The seat showed up yesterday. It appears to be a high quality piece. It came with a "quick detach" knurled screw to replace the standard seat screw, as well as a container of leather dressing. I thought that was a nice touch.

Bolted it on and the thing looks AWESOME. It really complements the lines of the bike and fits perfectly. The seating area is significantly longer and flatter than either the stock seat or the Sundowner I've got, which is a good thing. I'd say it sits me about an inch lower and two inches further back than stock and probably 2.5 inches lower and 3 inches lfurther back than the Sundowner. It really makes me feel like I'm in the bike. I haven't ridden on it yet, but a test sit in the garage indicates that the sheet is well shaped and provides ample lower back support. No pressure points were noticed.

For a look at what the seat looks like, check out the Low Rider on the cover of the 06 P&A catalog.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first ride on seat

First ride on the new seat today. I like it. I'll say the Sundowner is more comfortable, but this one feels like it will be just fine from a comfort perspective and it really looks A LOT cooler. It's amazing how much it changes the overall feel of the bike. The difference in seating position makes the bike feel quite a bit bigger than it does with either the stock or Sundowner seat. Relative to before, the bars and forward controls feel quite a bit further away and the tank seems longer/higher. It's almost feels like I'm on a different bike. lower back support is good and the relatively flat seating surface feels good so far. It's definitely a firm seat, a lot like a Corbin I used to have on another bike. All in all, I'm pleased with the purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts