V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SE EFI tuner installed on my 2002 Ultra Twin Cam 95. Cables routed to PC in Tour Pak - wireless mouse Start Stop Data record on dash. This is THE REAL STUFF man!!!.
Here is the first question. - The OEM calibration for my 1550 set up is 3286802 with P/N 32107-01. The calibration P/N that I read from the ECM is 32847-02 which indicates that the tech jockey at the dealer did an "02' edit. How to I extract the ECM calibration map so that it can be reused? I do not want to override it with my own maps.
Second question why does each OEM Calibration have the same P/N 32107-01 for EFI Softails or baggers?
tsuter

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
As far as the calibration part#'s I have to look it up. I have some info, but probably not the latest info. I can direct you to someone that has the latest info. Not on this board, and I have to get to know you a little better considering this is your first post and you are from Wisconsin (Milwaukeee?)

As far as I know, the calibration that is in the bike can not be saved unless it is in the tuner database or it was edited with the tuner and saved in the tuner database.
Take this with a grain of salt as it is a impression rather then certainty, just never tried to do it yet. There might be a way from the view current window. Even if the tuner did not have the capability there might be a way to save screenshots as a file somewhere else and then simply duplicate the exact settings with the tuner, but you would have to save all the tables. Probably easier to start from scratch.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If you had the capability to check AFR on the bike you could determine if it is a good map or if it is junk. If it is a good map there is no point in changing it and if it is junk there is no point in saving it.
This is the junkyard dawg approach. LOL

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
One more. If a tech used the EFI tuner to modify the map currently in the bike and if he had common sense, he would have saved the map on the EFI tuner software database on his computer. The data is actually yours since presumably you paid to have it built. Just make him give it to you.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
What brand and model of laptop are you using? What ports are you using for the interface and the mouse?

The software seems to conflict with some wireless software.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hippo you're pretty close. I figured this out with a tech junky last night. HD EFI Tuner software from SE does not allow you to extract the loaded calibration because if you could then obviously you could restore it and fake the HD Tech that you didn't dick with it when you did. Therefore you are forced to use a calibration from the tuner database provided by HD. All of these calibrations load into your ECM with the same part number 32107-01 and whatever extension you add. Softails, baggers, 1450,1550 all the same because this is the SE catalog part number for the tuner - not the calibration number. Because it is then saved in the ECM, the HD tech knows you have been dicking with the calibration. In any case the sample calibrations on the tuner CD are a good place to start but you won't be able to reload the factory or dealer provided calibration.
Doesn't matter anyway -its about ping and power not EPA.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The ability of a dealer tech being able to determine wether the map was modified with the tuner or not was never a consideration on my part.
All my new Harleys have had one thing in common, they have never set foot (wheel? LOL) in a dealer's service department after delivery, so it isn't a factor.
The tuner is worth it's weight in gold as it makes this a reality even with a Delphi bike.

Did you just not see my last question, or did you choose not to answer it?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IBM Thinkpad 1.6ghz CPU with 640m of RAM running Windows XP professional version 2002. This tuner software is so light the PC barely new it was running. Serial using COM1. Straight plug and play - nothing to it. It would run on an old 486/50 as long as you got windows 95 or higher.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Thanks. It does answer another one of my questions, some have said the software didn't work as well with XP as with Win98SE. Apparently it does.

HD itself mentions that there may be conflicts if you are forced to use USB port adapters. At this time I'm running a Gateway laptop that still has a serial port (it was free, LOL), but I was thinking of getting one of the new Sony's I really like and they no longer have serial ports. This was the main reason for the question.
I wasn't really concerned about the software running on an older laptop, but there was some concern of it running on a very state of the art one. Hard to justify the cost if you will have to fudge things for the software to work on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Maybe it runs in a dos program. I don't belive dos is compatible with usb ports niether. Ebay has some good deals on low-end pentiums for poor ppl like me. Now if I can figure a cheap way on the efi tuner..

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
HALE'S

You have to call her or e-mail her. The name is Jenny Sapyta. She will not bull$it you. Most of the time Chicago HD will be OK, but depending on who you deal with you might get smoke and mirrors.

For some things Moroney's is a good place to check also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts