V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went shopping around at a local dealership and was interested to see how much these sales folks typically make a year. Just curious. I may retire from the military soon and wouldn't mind having a haflway decent sales job selling bikes after I get out. Any ideas?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
1234567 said:
Went shopping around at a local dealership and was interested to see how much these sales folks typically make a year. Just curious. I may retire from the military soon and wouldn't mind having a haflway decent sales job selling bikes after I get out. Any ideas?
48K if they are lucky.

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
It all depends on where you are and how many bikes the dealer moves. One guy I know here is iowa is starving, while I was offered a sales job in Philly once and they more or less guaranteed me over $60K to start.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Here in NC (My local dealer) would be a good place to become a sales person. I dont know if im allowed to mention the exact dealership but that dealership is packed 7 days a week. Huge inventory, Dyno on site, clothing, etc... You name it, they got it.
I don't depend on this dealer for anything. I'm just very observative.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Friend of mine once said that being in sales, you could have a great time either making a ton of money or going broke. Of course, he liked doing sales.

I tried it for about 2 yrs. selling computer software. I made a little money but it just wasn't into me to flat out lie to people about what our products could do against others. The final straw was when potential client called my boss and reamed him out over some information I had sent them(provided by my boss to me to send to potential client) that was totally wrong. He put it all on me and said he knew there was a problem and should have taken care of it a little sooner. I read the letter he sent to them. He forgot to delete it from server after it was sent. I went into support after that and have no use for the man to this day.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to help folks out and will tell them what I think. Some bosses never cared for that but I sleep good at night.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
My buddy is the sales manager at the local HD...he cleared 185K last year & 165K in 2004. Not a bad gig!

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
A good personality, with a hint of honesty goes a long way.

Some people are not meant for sales.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
bedemonster said:
My buddy is the sales manager at the local HD...he cleared 185K last year & 165K in 2004. Not a bad gig!

I hope he invested wisely because he may need it someday:yes:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
bedemonster said:
Dayum!! Would love to know what the owner made.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Wow, 92.5K last year - that is a great gig!

Oh ya, whenever anyone in sales is willing to tell me how much they made, I divide it by 2. :sofa: I kid, I kid.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I made 300k selling motor clothes and chrome! Forget selling bikes, the market is in after market shiney objects and clothes with advertising on em!

I kid,
I kid......

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
Heh...I have an animated verson of that poor guy I need to replace this with, its more entertaining.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
tibs said:
Heh...I have an animated verson of that poor guy I need to replace this with, its more entertaining.
New question...What's the TWIT group? What does the acronym stand for and what's their charter read? :banmep:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I know the guys around here are pullin' in the bucks. But I still wouldn't have their job for anything. I'd much rather be out riding my bike on a beautiful Saturday than working at a HD dealer. It would drive me crazy seeing my buds pulling in all the time and I had to stay behind and work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.