V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Low Rider and am interested in the HD Detachable Leather Saddlebags 90181-08. Harley lists them as 1200 cubic inches but doesn't list the dimensions in inches and I haven't seen these bags on any bikes yet. If anyone has these or the other HD bags of comparable size, could you give me the approx. size in inches? Also any opinion on how they look on Dyna's would help, too big, nice lines, etc. Thanks for any advice.

Bob
Atascadero, CA

·
Banned
124 Posts
rpcycle before you buy the bags from hd take a look at leatherpros they are detacable also.I bought mine 2 yrs ago really nice bag they are 670 bux they were then

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saddlebags

ciginia1957 said:
rpcycle before you buy the bags from hd take a look at leatherpros they are detacable also.I bought mine 2 yrs ago really nice bag they are 670 bux they were then
After doing some major research on saddlebags I've reached the point that I like the Leather Pros 3100 series saddlebags the best with the Boss Bags a close second. My only concern with the Leather Pros is how close they mount to the fender struts on my 07 Dyna Low Rider. There aren't any dealers close to me to be able to really check them out. On their web site it looks like there are small mount blocks between the bag and the strut where they attach to the mounting hardware. I would like to know if you have anymore info on the mounting and further likes/dislikes about the bags. If you have any pictures that would also be great. Thanks for any info you could provide.

Bob
Atascadero

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
I have Leatherpros on my Train and they by far are way superior to the HD ones. Leatherpros and Boss Bags both use the same tooling for their Dyna bags so shop price and availability. I think the Leatherpros latching devices are superior to the Boss bags. IMHO. :yes:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Leatherpros make the saddlebags for Boss Bags for the Dyna models only. The companies are owned by brothers but are run seperately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2005 Lowrider and have searched for saddlebags since. I've decided on and just ordered the "Iron Thunder" from Ironbags. They are not detacheable however. Take a look at photos on their website; best looking in my opinion. I expect to get them by mid-may if all goes as planned and can provide more info then.

Vito

·
" just love to ride "
241 Posts
I have a 01 fxdl,wanted HD bags ,didnt want to pay the price.I found a place on line and bought mine there, check out ccsaddlebags.com.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great bags

I've had the Leatherpros bags on my Low Rider for about 8 months now and have to say it was one of the best investments I've made on my bike. Great carrying capacity, look great on the bike, love the locking features and the quick release works perfect. They aren't cheap, but are worth every penny. Made in the U.S. too. I don't have any connection to the company and bought them based on my research into all of the bags available.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I too have Boss Bags. They were the second major purchase I made for my 05 Low Rider after exhaust and Stage 1. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good-looking and quality saddlebag. They also keep things dry in the rain, which I think is very important.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I got my bags from Leatherman Jim, don't remember his website but they were 2/3 the price of the Boss Bags and cost me well under 1/2 what the same bags were selling for at the stealership in Vancouver B.C or Calgary AB. Same bags the ones wirh the Indian Nickel buttons. [email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
HD bags

I have had the bags for about one year with no problem with the snaps. My only complaint is with the plastic gromets on the mounting points, they wear quickly and the bags rattel in the mounts. Don't come off but they could be made of a better material.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts