V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Know for Sure Whether or Not There's Anyway to Use a Race Tuner On a Bike OTHER Than the One It Was Originaly Used on?
Already Using a PCIII and VERY Happy With it & the Performance. But I Absolutely HATE the REV Limiter @6250 Cause I Frequently Bump It.
Currently Running '04 FXDWGI 95 cu
SE H.O.
257 Cams
Forged H.C. Pistons
SE HTCC Heads
ETC.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I have heard that powercommander is supposed to be working on something to address this issue. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
487 Posts
coming soon is what i heard from respected source

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been Hearing About This Since I Had it Set Up in Sept '04

Called Them Last July and They Said They Had No Plans to Provide a "Fix"? Something About Not Wanting to "Upset" MOCO!!

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
dynajim said:
Anyone Know for Sure Whether or Not There's Anyway to Use a Race Tuner On a Bike OTHER Than the One It Was Originaly Used on?
Have to move the ECM with it. The SERT isn't portable between bikes.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
dynajim said:
Already Using a PCIII and VERY Happy With it & the Performance.

But I Absolutely HATE the REV Limiter @6250 Cause I Frequently Bump It.
I'm missing something here, if you are using the PCIII, you haven't raised the rev limit, it's still 5,800.

If somehow you have raised it to 6,200 (flash) and you are hitting it, then it is doing it's job.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
csoday said:
I'm missing something here, if you are using the PCIII, you haven't raised the rev limit, it's still 5,800.

If somehow you have raised it to 6,200 (flash) and you are hitting it, then it is doing it's job.
think he wants to rev it higher than that if i read it right

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. Your Right! But Not All That Much. It's Just That When You Bump it It Sounds Like Crap!
On the Dyno It Hadn't Quite Peaked Yet Either. I'm Sure it's Pretty Close But I Want to Determine When to Back Off.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
dynajim said:
Yup. Your Right! But Not All That Much. It's Just That When You Bump it It Sounds Like Crap!
On the Dyno It Hadn't Quite Peaked Yet Either. I'm Sure it's Pretty Close But I Want to Determine When to Back Off.
Sounds like crap when it blows up too. Like Chuck said, the rev limiter is serving its purpose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts