V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all:
A FNG here. Am looking for some info or leads for getting an HD on CAD software. As a project (final exam) for a college class, I'm wanting to attempt to do a full set of drawings in Pro/E of a Sportster since that is what I am owned by. Any info or leads for obtaining this would be greatly appreciated. I will probably have to take a lot of physical measurements myself but any specs that some of you have out there would greatly cut the time down. I wanted to do an 88/1200 Sportster (what I have) but if you have a chunk of info for another year or model, that might do as well. Any response can be done by e-mail or this site if you wish and I thank all in advance. Winter is just tooooo damn long.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a softail 3d solid model that I downloaded from a MCAD website, don't remember the name, but shouldn't be too hard to find. The model is fairly detailed. If you want it, just let me know and I can e-mail it to you. It is for Mechanical Desktop, but I am sure it woul;d at least get you started.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ronf: Am downloading as I type this. Don't know if it will be much use for
10 days I am alloted (demo) to use it but many thanks for your help

KingRoad: Your generous offer to send the file would be most appreciated
if the offer is still good. Could not send you an e-mail per your
conditions on this site so I will thank you in advance. Perhaps
there is something I could do for you for your trouble?

To all others: Could still use any info you have out there and thank you all
for indulging my insanity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts