V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?
I'm going to be ordering a 2006 Road King Custom from them in the next few weeks and I just wanted to make sure this was a good dealer to do it from. I liked there big service shop, and all the techs and salesman seem to be pretty knowledgeable in there. They also had a great selection of bikes, acessories and clothing. With a purchase like a bike, I'm looking more in to good service in the future instead of getting a good deal, so how does this place rate?
Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I didn't like dealing with their service dept. I took my bike in for an estimate. The service writer was vague with me, talked down to me, and generally came off like I was to drop off the bike, let them do whatever they felt like they wanted, and just accept whatever they charge me.
I would give more details, if asked.
I really liked working with the service dept at Auburn, though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I second Auburn HD

The sacramento HD shop is a larger shop in an area where the cash flows freely. As long as you look like you have a wad of cash in your back pocket and look like a yuppie, they will pay attention to you; look like a poor biker and get ignored. Thats just my personal experience. In my opinion, I would go out to the Aubrn HD shop and pick one up from over there. They have the cheapest prices around- and all the bikes come off the floor with Stage I (as of last year). They are very polite as well. Just my opinion. BTW Auburn and Hangtown are owned by the same people - and the same person appraises all the bikes. Very good service from both...

·
Registered
127 Posts
PeepingTom said:
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?
I'm going to be ordering a 2006 Road King Custom from them in the next few weeks and I just wanted to make sure this was a good dealer to do it from. I liked there big service shop, and all the techs and salesman seem to be pretty knowledgeable in there. They also had a great selection of bikes, acessories and clothing. With a purchase like a bike, I'm looking more in to good service in the future instead of getting a good deal, so how does this place rate?
Thanks for any information.
Hey Tom - I havent had a whole lot of experience with them, although I did go to talk to them about pipes. I have to say it is a new large shop with large service area. My friend takes his bike there for service and is very happy with them overall. I have to say I was disappointed with my discussion about pipes (I was talking to someone in service) and they said that you have to install a SERT with any new pipes, which is not the case. So I think they were just trying to get more money out of me (STEALERS!!). He was however very friendly... hahha...

Food for thought since we are in the same area... I have found the Dealers in our area pretty expensive (Rocklin & Folsom). I take my bike to Rocklin for regular service, however, I am taking my bike to Auburn HD to have a Stage 1 done (pipes, air and download).. 2 good things with Auburn right now.. they are having a service special hourly rate of $65 through the month of Feb and they have no problem with me bringing in parts that I have purchased elsewhere (and saved a boatload). They also said they will pricematch.

With all that said... I (lilve in Roseville) but actually purchased my bike from Dudley Perkins HD in San Francisco and trailered it back home. They gave me an incredible deal on a brand new 2005 RKC 2-tone (well below MSRP), it was definitely worth the $35 trailer rental and 1/2 day off of work. When I told Folsom HD the price I paid.. they pretty much called me a liar (without directly saying it) oh well.. they didnt get my money... if you do consider calling Dudley Perkins.. I believe that our salesman's name was Chris... let me know if your interested and I can look it up...

Good luck with the purchase.. its well worth it.. and have definitely enjoyed my ride...

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I used to have most of the work on my bike done at Rocklin HD - regular service as well as exhaust changes, pilot jet tinkering to improve stage 1 performance, as well as other stuff. The service writer that I liked left, and I had a disagreement with management over parts on order for a 95" inch build (which was resolved to my satisfaction, but I still have not been back).

When I was working toward a 95" build (which I had to defer), the guy at Rocklin was very responsive to the type riding and performance changes I wanted out of the modifications - we had lots of discussions as to the right cam, pistons, heads, carb, etc. I really felt he was knowledgeable and wanted to work to meet my specific needs and intentions.

When I talked to the Sac HD service department, the service manager seemed to simply have a set formula for a 95" street build, and didn't seem interested at all in my thoughts. To some extent the same applied when I talked with Auburn HD's service department.

When I finally do the 95" build, I will be starting from the Rocklin HD estimates specifying all of the components, regardless of who does the work.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I live in oregon but have ridden with a group of people from the sac area for years. They all prefer Auburn and I have had some service done there when the area, I really like em. Roklin, Sac and Folsom are all nice big facilities and my partner used to use Rocklin for service and lives less than a mile from there but took his bike to auburn one time and has never gone back to rocklin.....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have a friend who lives in Auburn and is quite happy with the place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts