V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing how I have been lurking around here for awhile, thought I would introduce myself. I have been riding bikes since teenage years. First were the Yamaha 125's, then the Kawasaki 300 dirt bike, then the Sportster, then the Super Glide and now after a 15 year gap (the wife wanted a boat) I bought a '05 Softail Standard in late '04. I guess you can't call it standard anymore, V&H Big Radius, Ness Big Sucker, V&H FuelPak, lowering kit, Badlander seat, Chrome Engine Kit, SS bolt kit on the engine, side mount license plate, and I'm just getting started! Having a lot of fun riding and wrenching, now can't wait for the weather to straighten out here in Iowa so I can put a few more mile on it.

Keep the shiny side up.
:beer:

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the board. There's lots going on here all the time as you probably already know.
I got rid of my boat two years ago and put the $$ into the Harley. I'm much better off, I think. The boat got about 250 hours in 8 years. The Harley went about 10K miles the first year.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Hello

:welcome: to the board and congrats on the scoot. The Standard is a great bike and one of my favorites behind the "Fatboy" :p. :wootdnc:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
welcome to the VTF forum. great site with plenty of knowledgable people.

good luck and ride safe when it thaws, waiting for warmer weather here also.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum where big boys love their toys.

Nice H-D no. 3 you have there.

It was 50 here in CT today and I managed to get some miles in. Hope you were able to ride too.

See you around the forum. Enjoy.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Sounds like the Standard is a looker. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update...HD Number Four. Traded my '05 Softail in on a '12 Street Glide last Friday. So far I'm loving every mile.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey that's funny, the last 2 posts said, "post often"...at least every 4 1/2 years. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey that's funny, the last 2 posts said, "post often"...at least every 4 1/2 years. Enjoy!!
Actually it's only been a little over 2 1/2 years since my last post but who's counting. I left for a while due to personal reasons but I'm looking forward to starting over with a new bike to work on.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was just looking at this thread. Enjoy the new bike. I may be getting one this weekend. Not new, new to me.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, some luck might help. Patience and persaverance aren't getting me anywhere. I've been in the process of buying this thing, 83 FXR, for about a month but I keep hitting snags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts