V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley now shows a second version of its LED headlights called Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp-67700189 at a price $100 less than the original version. Does anyone have any specifics on this (perhaps) better looking light? It would be beneficial to know the lumens ratings as well.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on, Tundraholic08.

The local dealer parts guy helped find the answer today: The Daymaker Reflector is an effort to sell an LED headlight to potential buyers put off by the original Daymaker LED's relatively high price. Thus, a lower power light for a lower price. Save a little money, give up a little brightness.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,521 Posts
So, what're the output wattage and current draw? Do they come in both sizes? Are they actually better than Halogen? Brighter? Better pattern? Farther reach?

joe

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
I recently got the chance to take my '14 Ultra down a moonless country road.

The Daymaker headlights made my buddies '04 Road Glide's headlights look like a '32 Ford.

I was quite impressed.

~Pete

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Hey Pete,

Can I ask you a favor?
I live in Germany and want to upgrade to the LED Daymaker. Unfortunately the part that HD sells as an accessory is not approved for use here. The 2014s do come stock with these headlights and do have the respective "E11" marking needed to run the light legally. I had the parts guy here look up the PN for a replacement in the parts manual, but when you look up the part it comes up "LED Headlight US domestic". I can´t find a differing part number for US domestic and International models, though. The light on the bike that was on the floor here has both DOT and ECE markings so I suspect the lights on the 2014 models are common to all markets.

Could you go out to your bike and see if the headlight has the "E11" marking on it? If it´s there, it should be to the right of the main lens, just under the right hand D-lens (looking at the bike standing in front of it). (See attached pic) Its the "E11" in a circle that I´m looking for. If it´s there on your bike, I´ll know that the light is the same both US domestic and Int´l.

THanks for your help!
Sponk

I recently got the chance to take my '14 Ultra down a moonless country road.
~Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Hey Pete,

Can I ask you a favor?
I live in Germany and want to upgrade to the LED Daymaker. Unfortunately the part that HD sells as an accessory is not approved for use here. The 2014s do come stock with these headlights and do have the respective "E11" marking needed to run the light legally. I had the parts guy here look up the PN for a replacement in the parts manual, but when you look up the part it comes up "LED Headlight US domestic". I can´t find a differing part number for US domestic and International models, though. The light on the bike that was on the floor here has both DOT and ECE markings so I suspect the lights on the 2014 models are common to all markets.

Could you go out to your bike and see if the headlight has the "E11" marking on it? If it´s there, it should be to the right of the main lens, just under the right hand D-lens (looking at the bike standing in front of it). (See attached pic) Its the "E11" in a circle that I´m looking for. If it´s there on your bike, I´ll know that the light is the same both US domestic and Int´l.

THanks for your help!
Sponk
Yep. Mine looks just like your picture, and does have the "E11" on it.

~Pete

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is going off into left field a small amount.
I could not afford the Harley LED light kit for my Roadie. Here is what I went with.- http://www.harleyhids.com/
One of my friends put the Harley kit(67700109) on his Roadie. My lights are as bright or brighter, for less than a third of the price.
Now back to regular scheduled programming.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Who makes the Harley Daymaker reflector style LED headlights? They look similar to the Trucklite phase 7 headlight. The original Harley LED headlight made by J W Speaker is a projection type light. The Kuryakyn/Trucklite headlight is a reflective type headlight. Did anyone compare the performance of the new Harley reflective LED headlight to that of the Trucklite phase 7? Thanks.

regards

Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who makes the Harley Daymaker reflector style LED headlights? They look similar to the Trucklite phase 7 headlight. The original Harley LED headlight made by J W Speaker is a projection type light. The Kuryakyn/Trucklite headlight is a reflective type headlight. Did anyone compare the performance of the new Harley reflective LED headlight to that of the Trucklite phase 7? Thanks.

regards

Jay
Go to bogiesreview.webs.com. They did a nice review.
http://bogiesreviews.webs.com/Review - Phase 7 LED Headlights & Passing Lamps.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts

regards

Jay
Not sure my last message got through. For a comparison, checkout this link: http://bogiesreviews.webs.com/Review - Phase 7 LED Headlights & Passing Lamps.pdf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts