V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to report on the HD floor board kit that I installed on my bike for those who may be interested in them. My bike is an FXDS which has factory mid control footpegs.The installation was easy enough which included removing the old foot peg brackets, brake pedal and rod, shifter and linkage, and highway pegs and brackets. I chose the chrome kit for the looks and the fact that they come with an individually adjustable heel-toe shifter. The position of the boards put the feet forward and have some room for foot movement. Actually with the heel hanging off of the back off the boards it would put the feet where the original foot position would be with pegs. The boards are a little higher than most floorboard models which keeps the ground clearance well above dragging in the twisties, or at least as much as the mid peg sets offered. Although your legs are more forward than with the pegs for sure, they do not give as extended a position as forward controls do. These may not be the answer for the long legged trying for a better fit. The new brake pedal and shifter position does make for a more comfortable feel though. With the rear master cylinder piston threading all the way up the new brake rod threads, it puts the brake peddle almost in front of the right floorboard without using valuable floorboard space. One draw back is that the highway pegs and brackets must be taken off and unless you have the engine gaurd you will sacrifice the extra cuising foot position. I find the floorboards very comfortable and I'm even starting to like the heel-toe shifter.

Later,

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are starting to scare me. Are you truning your FXDS into a mini Road King? LOL.
Your bike just keeps getting sweeter every time I read about it. If you havn't done so before, any change you could post a parts list and where to buy on the modifications of your bike?
Thanks in advance.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey daposaspo, believe me I catch alot of flack from my riding bros about turning it into a road king. LOL. But I love the Dyna and prefer it.

Now, the floorboard kit has been on my mind for a while now. I usually just buy what I really think I want and screw the cost. But something about this kit from HD just left a bad taste in my mouth being as they wanted $650 for it. So I put off buying it. I thought about ebay but because the floorboard kits are so new I didn't think I would have much luck. Well, just before my ROT rally trip I saw a new set appear. They went for $255 brand new in the box. Then another new set came on Ebay from same seller but they started at $300. I was determined to get them and would have paid $400 but got the bid for $365. I love this internet!!!!!!!

Anyway, I have bought quite a few new parts from Ebay that were NEW for less than half price so I have become an Ebay addict. And my bike I like more and more everyday. Thanks for asking.

Later,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Guess I'll be checkin' out ebay for awhile.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts