V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Stock HD engine and all of the web-sites I look at only sell aftermarket engines. Does anyone know of any web-sites or shops that sell stock engines?

Plus I have another question, I called a local shop and asked him if they had any and he referred to it as an 80 inch, I thought the V-twin was 88 inch. Is there a difference?

I will take all of my insults for being a jack-ass with a smile, after all I am a FNG.

·
old timer
516 Posts
You can still purchase 80 inch (Evolution) VTwins from dealers.
That is the 1984-1999 and earlier (generally speaking) stock engine.

The Twin Cam 88 inch motor came out in 1999 I believe.

There might even be a dealer or two with a stock 74 inch shovelhead motor in the back room. (1985 and earlier)

The 80 inch motor is probably the most popular for chopper and hot rodding purposes at this time although the 88 inchers are gaining in versatility with the advent of new parts.

manny

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can buy a 88" from your dealer. A friend of mine just built a chopper and found one on line. It will be in Hot Bike some time soon. They come with no Ing. or carb,and you can get the tranny too. Regular or "B" motor. You can get a good deal on a Revtec 100" motor from a friend of mine or on line. (Racing Inovations) ( a good frame maker too,his ships to allot of companys and they sell them as thiers).

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
carter26 said:

I will take all of my insults for being a jack-ass with a smile, after all I am a FNG.

Not a problem. Hell, you're from Oklahoma.

Bla HAHAhahahHereComesDavidAndRalph HA!

+++++++++

Ok got that out a my system, I'm better now.

I do believe that they are featured in the HD Catalog at around $4500.
(I think). At any rate, yes, any HD Dealer can order you one.

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
686 Posts
In the Harley parts book page 522 black and chrome #16012-02 $4495.00 silver and polished #16013-02 $3495.00 (twin cam motors) tranmissions $1569.00. 88 B engines are another $500.00 safe riding rickpoco

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Call Pucketts Towing/Body Shop in Oklahoma City. They are having an auction coming up real soon. They have two project Harley's for sale! I wish I had more info, but got this from a very reliable source at the police department.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts