V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having searched and not found the answer, I pose the question. Can the HD electronic cruise control be installed on a 05' FLSTSCI, Softail Springer Classic? If so, what modifications would need to be made to the wiring harness? Thanks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
road_king said:
According to the HD web site, the HD cruise control fits Touring models only.

Thanks for the response. I had seen that but I figure that since it's the same basicially the same engine/injection system that it would be a matter of splicing into the main wiring harness to hook it up. SO, I'm in ther research phase, hoping it will work out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will it work??

Anything can be made to work, Go for it!! There are so many things that (THE BOOK) says won't interchange...But they do. td

·
Registered
271 Posts
The control box that runs the cruise control is a box about 3x3x2 if I remember correctly. It fits under the side cover on the left side of the bike. There is no side cover on your bike to hide it under and that just the start.
i'll bet wiring it up to work properly would be a bigger challenge.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eglide1 said:
The control box that runs the cruise control is a box about 3x3x2 if I remember correctly. It fits under the side cover on the left side of the bike. There is no side cover on your bike to hide it under and that just the start.
i'll bet wiring it up to work properly would be a bigger challenge.

Thanks. Maybe the control box would fit into on of those old style, side mount, tool boxes that Harley and the aftermarket sells. Yeah, it's the wiring issue that concerns me. Just mulling it over.

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
I'm looking into the same thing for my DWG. I tried to get a copy of the electrical diagrams from anyone who has the manual for the Tourer's, but no one here would take the time to scan 2 pages.:thumbsdn:
I'm going to order a RK manual sometime soon so I can compare the wiring diagrams and see if it's feesable. I too think that it should not be that hard, they have all the same components and sensors, and I'm pretty handy with electrical stuff.. Hiding the box may be the trick tho.

Brad

·
Registered
271 Posts
The cable that controls the throttle is made a specific length for a specific model bike. If you could custom make a cable to the length you need to mount the box wherever you want it then all you would have to do is find out how to make it work without the the factory wiring harnesses it all plugs into.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When I added Cruise to my '03 EG Classic before I picked it up, they had to add an "enhanced wiring harness" to my Classic. The Ultra was the only touring model that already had the wiring setup for cruise. If you're adding cruise to anything that it wasn't designed for, you may have to spring to the extra wiring harness as well. That being said, cruise control is a beautiful thing and was well worth the bucks it cost me to have it added.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts