V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked her up today. :thumbsup:

I know that feel is subjective but it sure feels like the front end is much better planted than before. The looseness I used to feel in quick transitions moving from side to side is gone. Plus it looks great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm finally winding down on the appearance mods. :dunno: When I saw this fork in chrome last year I knew I wanted it, just in black, and I guess I was right. :D Thanks. :brows:

Btw, the fork is made by Marzocchi, a well respected aftermarket and OEM supplier. http://www.marzocchi.com/spa/

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silverhdjc said:
Do you know if the upper part of the tubes are 41mm?. I am wondering if my turn signal clamps fit.
Turn signal clamps WILL NOT work, that's why mine are relocated to the bars. I'm going to be looking at alternatives but for now they are there.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Hey Tom, That has to be the best looking Train I have seen, a job well done. Who makes the seat, looks like a Danny Gray.

Nicky

·
Registered
418 Posts
put a set of those on my 06 night train about 2 months ago. They look killer.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nhrafan55 said:
Hey Tom, That has to be the best looking Train I have seen, a job well done. Who makes the seat, looks like a Danny Gray.

Nicky
The tag says Danny Gray but I couldn't find it on the website. I got it off eBay and the seller called it a Buttcrack. :dunno: I just liked the stitched flame pattern. It's not, at this point, a long distance seat, too hard yet. :badmood:

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hksigman said:
put a set of those on my 06 night train about 2 months ago. They look killer.
I'm amazed at the difference in the handling every time I ride it. :yikes: I'm gonna feel bad for the guy who buys my old one, he'll never know what a good fork is. :hmmm: :nope:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Love the blacked out look. Collecting my Black Gloss powder coated lower legs 2morrow for my heritage. Won't put them on until winter though as I'm riding as much as possible at moment. Is your headlight powder coated?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
To chime in on the seat... So you have a Buttcrack model but it has a Danny Gray tag on it???

I only ask as I have the Buttcrack seat as well (smooth) on my Heritage but it was made by High End. I don't think High End is in business any longer but I could be wrong... High End used to make Harley's 'exotic' seats -- FYI.

All that said -- great seat that still gets loads of compliments.

Nice looking sled...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Cop_Stanger said:
I'm amazed at the difference in the handling every time I ride it. :yikes: I'm gonna feel bad for the guy who buys my old one, he'll never know what a good fork is. :hmmm: :nope:
Just picked mine up today. I added the joker taillight in black and had my fender struts powdercoated gloss to match the swingarm and added wedge turnsignals to the rear.

i powdercoated my front signals to have them blend in better up front on the bars. Im not sure what other options are out there for the front.

I just installed my stock nighttrain forks on my new bobber-they had the black trees and lowers. I will have some new pics up this weekend

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RagininMD said:
To chime in on the seat... So you have a Buttcrack model but it has a Danny Gray tag on it???

I only ask as I have the Buttcrack seat as well (smooth) on my Heritage but it was made by High End. I don't think High End is in business any longer but I could be wrong... High End used to make Harley's 'exotic' seats -- FYI.

All that said -- great seat that still gets loads of compliments.

Nice looking sled...
:huh: :dunno: All I know is the seller called it a Buttcrack and it has a Danny Gray tag on it. But it doesn't really matter since I like the way it looks. :D

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hksigman said:
Just picked mine up today. I added the joker taillight in black and had my fender struts powdercoated gloss to match the swingarm and added wedge turnsignals to the rear.

i powdercoated my front signals to have them blend in better up front on the bars. Im not sure what other options are out there for the front.

I just installed my stock nighttrain forks on my new bobber-they had the black trees and lowers. I will have some new pics up this weekend
Headwinds has a bunch of different mounts and such, I was going to look and see what maybe would work with the headlight mount. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts