V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ya don't get hooked like I did please note:

Last month, I received a bill showing "Principle Balance Due" as $15,642.54.

I wrote a check in the amount of, $15, 642.54 which stated at the bottom, "Paid In Full". With that, I requested clear title to my bike.

Did I get the Title? No. I got a bill for $101.93.

I called HD Credit and asked what's up with that? The girl on the phone laughed and said, "You must not have read the back of the bill under the heading "Payoff Amount".

That's right folks! What the bill says you owe is not what you owe.

I told the broad on the phone, "fine, I'll pay the $101.93, but you will not catch me in a HD shop buying your phoney assed "custom" parts or clothes from here on out."

HD Credit is crap. HD is a sorry assed Corporation of blood sucking bastards as far as I am concerned. They profit from those of us who believe in supporting American Products. I paid off my wife's foreign car in the same fashion on the same day. Today I got the title with a thank you.

People wonder how it is that Americans don't suppot American products. I for one would love to but I swear, I refuse to be screwed by a "brother". I expect it from someone who is not, but utterly REFUSE to be screwed by a "brother".

HD can kiss my Red White and Blue Ass. My kind were there when YOU needed us. Where are YOU today?

I swear! I will BUILD my next bike and every bike I own from here on out.

A hunderd and one bucks! Hell, that ain't nothing but five blow jobs in Amsterdam with a dollar change. OR! Four sets of shrooms! OR! Half a forearm tattoo!

I got yer hunderd and one bucks ya laughing b#tch! Now blow me five times and give me a buck!

Disclaimer: The preceeding is the result of adding one part pissed off biker, to three parts Jack Daniels, coupled with a dirty assed HD that I rode in the freezing damned rain all week and now have to wash in the morning so I can find the damed leak in the Y-Pipe and slap it with some good ole AMERICAN J.B.Weld! ( Still a bargain at $7.95 for enough to fill the Dyke in Holland!)

WHAT? Ya got something to say? Shut your F aggot F at B utt. Take ye goody Mr or Ms. Two Boots on down the ramp. I am HUNGRY right now and will eat yer damned liver. ( Hell?? Now does that go with Red or White wine?)

Waiter???

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the new America where back-stabbing, lying, cheating, fine print, lawyers, whiners, political correctness, tree hugging, cry babies and sissies screw the hard working few who carry the weight of the rest.

It aint me, I haven't had a thing to drink and I'm still pi$$ed off too...

uhhhh ... oh yeah
Buy the way can you loan me twenty bucks :eek:

I'm right there with ya' bro'... Hang in there..

Ape

·
Registered
380 Posts
payment blues

Jimmy may be you need to take that paid off bike for a long ride and relax. o ya take your number 1 lady with you, find a nice place to eat buy her a steak dinner and then off to a no tell motel for some he and she time. thats what i do when things like that get to me. but unfourntionally it's winter in wis. so can't ride the bike. good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought my first Harley when you rode a mile and pushed e'm a mile. Well, that an exageration. I got tired of their Hollyer than tho attitude, high priced jackets and stuff long before it was a status symbol to have one. There is a lot of companys getting like that, Polaris I have mind after working for a dealer that sold them. When they first stated making recreational products they were kissing dealers ass. Now they are no different than Hitler.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ape Hanger said:
Welcome to the new America where back-stabbing, lying, cheating, fine print, lawyers, whiners, political correctness, tree hugging, cry babies and sissies screw the hard working few who carry the weight of the rest.

It aint me, I haven't had a thing to drink and I'm still pi$$ed off too...

uhhhh ... oh yeah
Buy the way can you loan me twenty bucks :eek:

I'm right there with ya' bro'... Hang in there..

Ape
Ape bro!

I can tell I like you right now. You have my email address. If you are ever in Houston, let me know. I believe in helping folks that are real. Folks that understand. I am a good brother and believe in brotherhood above all else. When ya lose that, you are alone.

Re: the 20 bucks. Only good in Amsterdam bro. Translates to fifty Gilders. Here, it is nothing but a carton of cigs with some Turban Head behind the counter wanting to know where is the rest.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: payment blues

slamin sammy said:
Jimmy may be you need to take that paid off bike for a long ride and relax. o ya take your number 1 lady with you, find a nice place to eat buy her a steak dinner and then off to a no tell motel for some he and she time. thats what i do when things like that get to me. but unfourntionally it's winter in wis. so can't ride the bike. good luck
Bro, it ain't paid off. LOL, they are still cutting into my next five blow jobs in Amsterdam.

Me and the LW will get our time in tonight. That is mandatory. Steak? Nah! I rode past a sign today that said, "Friends don't let friends eat beef."

I live in Houston. We ride year round. Freeze doing it sometimes but to hell with a bus.

I am a Harley RIDER not a Harley Owner. I ride it because I know I will run into likeminded brothers when the rain is fallin, and the wind is blowing, but the pipes are growlin anyway with the song of FTW!

Thanks for the concern but hey! It is a Full Moon ya know?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ChopperBill said:
Bought my first Harley when you rode a mile and pushed e'm a mile. Well, that an exageration. I got tired of their Hollyer than tho attitude, high priced jackets and stuff long before it was a status symbol to have one. There is a lot of companys getting like that, Polaris I have mind after working for a dealer that sold them. When they first stated making recreational products they were kissing dealers ass. Now they are no different than Hitler.
Pleased to meet ya CB! Keep the faith! There are still a few of us left!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Jimmy, there is only one thing that surprises me here.

That you would think JB Weld will repair your cracked headpipe.
Blahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

Heliarc, bro. Heliarc.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HIPPO said:
Jimmy, there is only one thing that surprises me here.

That you would think JB Weld will repair your cracked headpipe.
Blahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

Heliarc, bro. Heliarc.
No no bro! A bandaid is not a fix, it is a band aid. I know that. But right now, it needs a bandaid because I am riding the hell out of it this weekend.

I ordered a new Y. I can pick it up next Wed. Until then, the SOB gets the grey goop till I fix this poop. LOL!

¿Numera tres, su hermano, usted sabe?

·
Registered
105 Posts
JimmyK

Right back atcha...

If you're ever in Tallahassee.. or passin' thru on yer way to bike week.. let me know we'll ride over together..

Ape

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
JK, I don't know what to say but I know what you mean and I know how you feel. Ape hanger said it about as good as I've heard it. We all feel like the Motor Company isn't giving the loyalty in return like we've givin it. Fortunately we don't have to be in love with the Motor Co. to enjoy one of America's best symbols of freedom and the passion that it represents that burns in our souls. After all, the Corporation didn't create the traditions, the brotherhood, and the loyalty. We,and many before us, did. No different from any other company these days, they are interested in the mighty dollar and just want to capitalize on what the riders created as their own. I've got the passion, but not for the Motor Company itself. So be it.

We need to ride bro!

·
Registered
105 Posts
FifthGear said:
JK, I don't know what to say but I know what you mean and I know how you feel. Ape hanger said it about as good as I've heard it. We all feel like the Motor Company isn't giving the loyalty in return like we've givin it. Fortunately we don't have to be in love with the Motor Co. to enjoy one of America's best symbols of freedom and the passion that it represents that burns in our souls. After all, the Corporation didn't create the traditions, the brotherhood, and the loyalty. We,and many before us, did. No different from any other company these days, they are interested in the mighty dollar and just want to capitalize on what the riders created as their own. I've got the passion, but not for the Motor Company itself. So be it.

We need to ride bro!

Well said Gear 5

Ape

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Yep. Same reason we still ride when many dealers are "stealers". The bikes and tradition are the reason, not the MoCo or the dealers or the cute clothes. We often get treated pretty badly by the MoCo and SOME of the dealers. Jimmy's situation sounds pretty shabby. A good ride on Saturday may make that lousy H/D (hundred dollars) seem a little less offensive. Good luck and Ride safe this weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is NOT in defense of HD Credit, believe me, but did you call HD Credit and get the payoff amount and how long that amount would be good for?? The payoff amount is only good up until a certain day of that month. One second past that magic day and you were into the next pay period. In other words, your $101.93 was probably part of your next monthly payment (i.e. interest).

"Principal balance due" does not include the interest that will accrue after the "good until" date. Pay after that date, even if you paid the full principal amount, and you will owe interest on the borrowed amount because it carried over into the next pay period.

My frau' is a HD salesperson and sees the BS that Harley dealers and manufacturer pull each and every day. She prides herself on protecting her customers. However, I don't think in this case they were cheatin' ya.

However, if HD Credit got your payoff on or before your "good until " date then just set on it until that date had passed before processing it, then you might have a case for getting your $101.93 back. Your's to prove, unfortunately. :mad:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PTParks said:
This is NOT in defense of HD Credit, believe me, but did you call HD Credit and get the payoff amount and how long that amount would be good for?? .....

....."Principal balance due" does not include the interest that will accrue after the "good until" date. Pay after that date, even if you paid the full principal amount, and you will owe interest on the borrowed amount because it carried over into the next pay period.

Hiya PT!

No they did not rip me off. I think the point is, most any creditor will show a principle balance due along side a due date. If paid by the due date, then the debt should be paid in full. H.D.C. does things a bit differently and the back of the bill tells you to call for the payoff amount.

Principle due on or before a date reflected as the due date should reflect the total due up to and including that date.

That is standard practice in the credit industry and HDC does not follow that practice.

It is less of a thing to me today then it was when JDaniels was whispering in my ear. But add some JD to the laughs coming from one of the credit folks when questioned and it pissed me off.

There is an old standard of "buyer beware". I made an assuption based on standard practice forgetting that $10k motorcycles selling for $18k is NOT standard practice.

Oh well, done is done. Just finished tapeing up the Y-Pipe and I am headed for the garage again to replace the front brakes. The electronic gizmo is keeping the brake lights on and telling me if I don't want to change out rotors pretty soon I better get my ass out there and change the pads. LOL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts