V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all:

I am considering a set of HD's beach bars but I was wondering how much pullback they are going to give me versus the standard Road King handlebars. I like the wide look of them but need at least 2" of additional pullback beyond the stock bars.

Thanks everyone!

Jeffrey Crumpacker
Portland OR
2003 Road King Classic

·
Registered
217 Posts
Jeff,, The 500 Doller bars??? Go to Wild1inc.com and save some money. The Cubbys are a great bar. I have the 508 and love them. You can compare stock and other bars on the site.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I can get a set for $150!

Not a bad price; and that includes the steel braided brake cable.

-Jeffrey

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I bought the bars you are talking about for $35.00

They were crap and the left side busted off in my driveway on a BEAUTIFUL HOUSTON NORTH SIDE SUNDAY AFTERNOON!

It took me almost three hours to slap the stock bars back on so's I could grab a bit of Sunday Breeze.

Now Chubbys? Hell yea! Great Bars and will pull ya back about two and a half.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have chubby 508s, 1 1/4 inch chrome w/ wiring inside. Love em.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Piss on the H-D bars! I have the Chubby 518's. Wild1 is the only way to go!, period! Ask yourself, why would someone sell a $500 set of handlebars for $150? Because they're an overpriced piece of crap, that's why!

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
The HD Beach Bars don't really pull back much more, if at all, than your stock bars. Their just wider with less rise.

I just did my Chubby 508's with internal wiring and braided cables...

I alos have a Corbin Classic Solo with backrest...

I just got back for a 350 mile loop ride with some buddies....absolutely the BEST bar and seat combo I've ever done.

508's will fit with stock cables, but I went with 3 inch over braided and it looks unreal...

518's are for folks with pretty long arms, the 508's are for the "reach challenged"..like me.

Buckethead...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey all, I'm looking at the Custom Chrome, J&P, and Biker's Choice catologs at the Wild 1 Chubbys, but can't find any index for the number 508 bars-can anyone tell me which one is the 508? Thanks!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The 508's are Custom Chrome part number 10-099. I verified this by calling Wild-1.

I ended up having these ordered through Chrome Specialties, which is a wholesaler only, as this is the company the HD store I am buying them from prefers to use. It doesn't make any difference to me as the price is the same ($150). However, Chrome Specialties provides a dimension chart which matches up with the chart provided on the Wild-1 website.

Another thing you will notice is that Wild-1 names these bars as well as providing a part number. The WO508's are called the Road King bars so you can use this as the guide when looking at other distriibutors. This was the case with Chrome Specialties and Custom Chrome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
exact replica of HD beachbars?

does anyone make an exact replica of the HD Beachbars? I have heard about the 508,518 chubby bars, but they are bent more than the HD Beachbars. Those HD Beachbars look the best, but I'd rather not pay $400.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Joffrey said he wants 'em wide. I went to the Chubby site. The 508's were 32.5 inches wide. The 518's were 35.5. I have White Brothers beach bars on my RKC. They are 39 inches wide. Anybody know of any wider?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 508's are installed. I love 'em!

Just what I needed, considerable pullback. The width is perfect at 32.5 inches. Also, it really spruces the bike up with all the wiring hidden in the bars, stainless cables, everything on the bars chromed (except the grips, which are a combination of black rubber and chrome - Kuryakyn's) and Kuryakyn mirrors.

-Jeffrey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts