V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feed back on the HD Automatic Primary Chain Tension Adjuster. I am going to have things all apart anyway as I have a leak that needs to be fixed and while I am in there I am going to gear the bike down too. Was thinking of picking up the auto adjuster as well ?
Any thoughts
Thanks

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
I'll be going with the Hayden M-6 tensioner. Very simple design.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
@gree:
Other people have posted on this and have come to the same conclusion.
I'm sure the H-D one works, but why re-invent the wheel.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips sorry I missed the previous posts. Wasnt looking or thinking about it before. I did a search and looked at the info
Thanks

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I just did the 3.37 gearing on mine and added the new HD Tensioner. It does make shifting smoother but then keeping the chain adjusted at regular intervals will do that anyway. Since I was in there I decided to add it and check for reliability. Just another service provided to the forum.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
csoday said:
I just did the 3.37 gearing on mine and added the new HD Tensioner. It does make shifting smoother but then keeping the chain adjusted at regular intervals will do that anyway. Since I was in there I decided to add it and check for reliability. Just another service provided to the forum.
Hey Chuck,
Is the 3.37 gearing as big a difference as I have read? I'm too broke to put do an engine upgrade this year, but I can swing the gearing change. Thanks.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
csoday said:
Thanks for the feed back Chuck. I may just go with the HD tensioner.
Be Safe, and thanks for your service, thank your buddies too !{salute(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts