V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me if these are the stock mufflers or a performance muffler from HD. I've had no luck looking them up on the internet

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know this is a delayed response, but what I just learned (after much research) is that part #80483-06 is evidently a single '06+ "touring muffler assembly" with CAT. These are normally sold as a pair under part #80463-06, in which case they're called a "touring muffler kit".

It's also easy to confuse the various end caps for these mufflers. From what I can tell, there was an early style which used small mounting holes with a short skirt (such as #65062-01), and then a later style which uses larger mounting holes and a long skirt (#65067-01). The mufflers mentioned above use the later style. To make matters even more confusing, the early style now apparently fits some newer mufflers, and the later style doesn't seem to even be listed in the '07 P&A catalog.

Trying to explain the difference in end cap mounting styles to guys at the dealership parts department will get you plenty of blank stares, which unlike the end caps themselves, are free. That's right, $64.95 EACH. Bring your part numbers, your wallet, and some Vaseline.

Or just order it at Chicago Harley.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to look this up and post it. That's what makes this a great forum....brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts