V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my HB 125 ~!Awesome! , thanks to khollister. If it ever stops raining Ill get to test ride it after I install it tonight. Thanks again khollister :beer: .

Tim

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well got the HB 125 installed tonight and as luck would have it, it quit raining long enough for me to take it around town :banana: . Bike seem to responed better when I snap the throttle on and off with out the little jerk from taking up the slack in the chain. With the HB125 and the 3.37 gearing, this thing is a little hairy on the wet roads, but man what a blast to ride, cant wait for the weather to clear up again a do some real riding. Khollister you rock man.
:Banadance :banana: ~!Awesome!

Tim

·
100th Road Glide
283 Posts
How was it

NightTrain,
I got one last week for my 03 Road Glide. I am waiting until my next fluids change to install it since I just changed them about 500 miles ago. Curious, was it as easy as the directions show, anything to add, tips etc. Thanks, FDM

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a pretty easy mod to do. The zero lash and raising it a extra 1/16th of a inch is a judgement call. I used zero lash as the point were the shoe started to compress and then added the extra 1/16th of a inch. Only thing thing that was a little confusing was the grinding of the guides, but thats on some of the 2000-2002 models, other than that its straight forward. Good luck.

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just an old man, that don't get out much any more, but I do have a new Nightrain, and am curious, what the he%$ is an HB125, and do I need one?
Old No. 7:huh:

I found it, thanks guys.

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Old timer, LMAO, just kidding. The HB 125 is a hydraulic primary chain tensioner that keeps the primary chain at zero lash or zero slack. NO it is not needed. I did it because I noticed the primary chain had hit the top of my case when I did the 3.37 gear swap. It has 2 big advantages, 1 it keeps the primary chain tight and no more slapping or jumping up and down in the case, 2 it seems to tighting the bike up and has a quicker responce to on off and off on throttle inputs. With that being said, how you like the Night Train? Loving mine. Here a web page for it, the home page has to clips showing the difference better than I can explain, http://www.sohotbikes.com . Hope this helps.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
After looking at the install pictures I'm wondering if that plastic chain guide is going to ware and splatter inside the primary after a few thousand miles just like the HD cam chain tensioners do?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nope it won't wear hardly at all. i have over 18,000 miles on mine and it hardly show any wear signs

·
Registered
297 Posts
reg26 said:
After looking at the install pictures I'm wondering if that plastic chain guide is going to ware and splatter inside the primary after a few thousand miles just like the HD cam chain tensioners do?
You bet. Better switch to gear drive..............Bill

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
reg26 said:
Ah nope:flames:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts