V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine used Novus #2 in an attempt to remove some scratches from his windshield. All was good 'till he took a ride at night and found that he couldn't see anything with the lights from oncoming traffic. Now he still has scratches in his windshield and it is very hazey. Any suggestions on what can be done to remove the haze? What is a good product to use to remove scratches (and NOT put a haze on the shield)? Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have never used Novus but I do believe they are in steps If he used #2 then he should follow with #3. Also if it is tinted makes sure it is safe for windshield. I always used Plexus and the BOM works well also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Previously had scratches in my windshield, used Meguiars Mirror Glaze 17, clear plastic cleaner, and followed with Mequiars Mirrot Glaze 10 to enhance the optical clarity, took out all the little scratches, and no headlight blinding.
Hope this helps..

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Not to sound crazy, but was the winshield wiped totally clean. The novus IMO are the best out there, but i have had some stubborn windshield that you have to really wipe to have a residue free finish......Also use # 1 after #2 as it helps in the process....hope this helps your friend out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts