V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hawg Halter Wheels, Came through for me...

A friend and I bought two Fat Boys in 2001 and did virtually the same mods. Including the rims, tires and pullies. We purchased the VORTEX set of rims and pullies from Hawg Halter's Inc. Hawg Halter's Inc

I love the look and the quality of the wheels seemed to be very good. BUT, we've had the bikes for about a year and the chrome on my pulley is flaking and bubbled, while his looks brand new. We both live in the same area, both bikes are garaged; we use the same chrome cleaners and are both meticulous about keeping our bikes clean. Also, I am having no problems with the rims...Everything looks perfect with them. Furthering my suspicion that the chrome plating was flawed from the start.

My thoughts are that this is an issue with the chrome and that HHI should replace the pulley. Anyone else out there with similar issues from a manufacturer? Anyone know how much re-plating the chrome on a pulley would be?

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Have you contacted Hawg Halters?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
HHI Comes Though with a new Pulley!

HHI agreed to replace my pulley. I have to send it to them and they will send me a replacement. Thanks to my dealer, Geauga Cycle of Chesterland, OH for their assistance in this matter.

It's so great to deal with companies who believe that customer service begins AFTER the sale! Thanks HHI and Geauga Cycle!

Happy Riding Everyone!

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts