V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotoSport.com wants to know what your thoughts are on Mobile Warming heated riding gear? We think it is a perfect product for winter riding. Do any of you own or plan on purchasing heated riding gear?

This weekend is a big weekend for shopping and if you shop at MotoSport.com you will never have to leave the house and get caught up in the Black Friday Madness. Be sure to check out all of our sales this weekend on motorcycle decals, motorcycle Gloves, motorcycle wheels, motorcycle gear, motorcycle helmets and pretty much anything and everything motorcycle related.

·
Banned
589 Posts
We just purchased the H-D / Gerbing pants and jacket liner. The jacket liner is on back-order, should be in Feb. 1.

Whoever wrote the user manual in English is not a native English speaker. The manual is really confusing -- and I taught tech. writing at the U. so I speak with some authority here.

Pulled the pants on over some light polar-fleece and rode about 250 miles in temps between 35 and 45 F. I've ridden a lot in cold weather, and as comfortable as I've ever been with piles and piles of clothing would be "not cold."

These pants keep me WARM -- toasty, like sitting next to a wood stove. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the jacket, just checked availability on boot liners, gloves, glove liners.

Being cold while riding raises safety issues: If you're cold your cognition and reflexes become compromised. You risk making riding errors that affect riding safety.

Toasty warm . . . WARM . . . It's amazing!

:clap:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Ride with Gerbing XE Outer Gear..socks and gloves...marvelous! May switch to glove liners.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
I use HD (Gerbing) heated gloves and vest with medium weight FXRG jacket. Never had problems with my legs with silk long underwear (if you laugh at this obviously you've never tried it), heavy jeans, and chaps of sufficient length to pretty much cover boots. Works for me down to about 25*, below that I'm not ridin'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts