V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The frame is so low, i'm wondering if any of you may have used a motocycle jack that works well as a lift. I would like to pick one up and just want to make sure it will slip under the frame. PS. no way am i dumping some mad jack on this, 100-150 bucks or so.

·
Registered
115 Posts
cycle jack

I bought one at Costco ($125) and it works great (and looks great-powdercoat red and chrome). It will only fit without the extra fitting that allows for width adjustment, but it so happens that it fits the V-rod frame perfectly as is. Comes on castors that lock etc. The same jack was at an auto store for $400.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Craftsman actually makes one they call an ATV jack. It normally sells for $119, but I got mine on sale for $99. Works great with no mods at all. Not the best quality in the world - but it does carry 1 year warranty. I wouldn't use it in a commercial setting, but at home works just fine. I saw one just like at the local stealership for $395. The VROD is quite low, so you have to hold it upright while you slide the jack underneath. Takes a little practice but can be one man job.

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/sum...&vertical=SEARS&bidsite=CRAFT&pid=00950190000

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the record:
Bought the craftsman and it worked perfectly. About 5 minutes or so of assembly. (and another 15 of F*K'in around withe the adjustment on the tie-down straps. All assembly was with a 9/16" socket.

The jack has three locking heights and locable wheels, so it can be used for winter storage, and tie down straps to allow you to wheel it tightly into a corner and out of the way.

I haven't anything to compare it to...but for me it's ideal. - thanx paul and AZ for your replies.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't know if you have a Sam's Club around you or not but the time I was there the price had dropped to... $79.00!!!!!!!!!!
This is a copy of the one Sears sells.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts