V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
banal
486 Posts
I found "The Trace" to be the most overrated ride I have ever been on. Trees and foliage cut WAY back from the road, just like an interstate, but with a 50mph speed limit that is strickly enforced. No significant curves or mountains or water. I recall riding along thinking of the historical significance of this road and how I should be enjoying it, until I finally just accepted that I was bored to death. For my money, as far as good tours in the South, I'll take the Cherohala Scenic Skyway (Tellico Plains, TN over the Great Smokey Mountains into North Carolina), scenic NC 129 through the Tail of the Dragon, the Georgia Triangle (Suches, Delonoga, Helen), Tennessee 441 South of Gatlinburg, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and Florida's Forgotten Coast (Mexico Beach East through Apalachicola, Carrabelle Beach and on up to St Teresa) any time. Hope you enjoy it a lot more than I did.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.