V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these? Thinking about getting one for storing our bike during the winter months vs. renting a unit somewhere. We live way up in the mountains so storage is a big deal. Also use it to haul out of the frozen north to iceless blacktop.
Trailer looks pretty well built but that's about all I know about them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. Checking on it now.
I've found one of their lowhauler 7's for $4200.
Just like new with 900 miles on it. Just not sure
if they're right for us.
On the shed....nope, we're 20 miles from the nearest town
and up in the hills. 4x4 to get in now or snowmachine depending
on white stuff. The trailer would give us the option of moving
our bike to safe storage in town and then getting someplace
else to ride. I plan to secure the trailer/bike extremely well-and keep
my insurance premiums paid of course.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
We've looked at these. They are very nice. Almost bought one but decided against a trailer. The low profile is neat because you can get it into a garage. The regular ones are too tall and most of the time don't fit. You can get them unfinished inside which is basically just plywood. Or they have one that's done up really fancy with tile and stuff. Kind of pricey though. If you want that look, it would probably be cheaper to do it yourself.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I bought the sucker. Lowhauler 7 x 12. Black with lots of diamond plate and stainless steel. Plan to build some cabinets inside and maybe a drop down bed. I checked and the Ultra plus our Quicksilver teardrop trailer will both fit inside. Way cool.....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Saw one of these last week, only note was that the windshield on the baggers needs to be held down to fit under the ramp hardware (at the top)... otherwise, very nice trailer.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Got a buddy with one. It looked great the day he got it. Now 2 years later .....all of that stainless and polished diamond plate looks like sh!t. The paint faded pretty badly. That rolled roof cap also developed a leak.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
It was left out. Not a lot of people can house a trailer. Polishing diamond plate is pain. Aside from the cosmetics going down hill, the top leaked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts