V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/501/0/home.aspx

Clutchless shifting? Strange concept! I wonder how the performance is effected? It seems that the clutchless shifting will be close to a $2,000 premium. It had better work great or Yamaha will be eating a lot of crow!

The good thing is that Yamaha appears to have addressed the known heat and gearing issues with the bike by changing the cowling and high gear ratio. They have even added an accessory outlet and adjustable seat and adjustable handlebars.

In factory stock form:
250 plus mile cruising range
0-60: 2.9
1/4: 10.9
Top speed should now be in the 160+ - 170 range.

I WANT ONE! :sofa:

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I've ridden with a guy that has a 2003 FJR. That bike is a rocket! I can't believe the word "touring" is in its description. Too fast for me and it would be too much of a temptation to crack the throttle.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
njyamahauler said:
I've ridden with a guy that has a 2003 FJR. That bike is a rocket! I can't believe the word "touring" is in its description. Too fast for me and it would be too much of a temptation to crack the throttle.
If you take "touring" out of its name, take off 220 lbs., give it an additional 40hp., add a slipper clutch, and lose the saddlebags, you get this:

Now THAT'S scary!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
The sense of adventure is in the "Glove box"... that can be opened whenever the key is in the "ON" position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts