V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi boys and girls.

Been readin' this Forum for a couple of weeks now and find it a great source of info.

Am awaiting delivery of my V and am just soaking up all the great threads being posted, keep up the good work.

I have always sought after the quickest bikes I have purchased, and with my first Harley, the same still holds true.

But as one starts to grow long in the tooth, comfort starts to be of greater importance. Especially with the OL onboard.

Thus my quest for info on the comfort of the Sundowner seat from HD from both the rider and passenger point of veiw.

Any takers?

·
Registered
16 Posts
:D I installed the sundowner seat and fender plate.It is the best mod I have done so far,it makes the Rod at least rideable for medium distance in my opinion.The v-rod will never be a tourer but I can get in 200 miles with out being a tailbone cripple.Waiting now for custom red over red sheet metal.By the way,I doubt you will find many women that will ever tell thy like riding the v-rod,personally I hope it makes mine buy her own! Best of luck with your ride but always remember everything has it limitations,but it sure is fun to pass them.

Waterhead

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Waterhead.
On the fifteen minute test ride I took two months ago with my gal onboard, she surprisingly said she liked the ride. Thats why five minutes after return I went in and dropped a deposit.
( knda hope'n she'll lean for an 883 on her own after awhile too :) )

·
Registered
146 Posts
vrodtom,
Do you mean the Hollywood Solo on the Corbin site? Looks nice but I'm a little confused on the term "Solo". I take it you have one? If so my experience with Corbin is they are very hard until broken in, has your experience been the same? If so how long until break in?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Waterhead,
Can you put the stock passenger pillion back on with Sundowner driver seat? I don't like the bulky look of the touring passenger pillion and would like to put the stock one back on when riding alone but am not sure that the stock pillion and the Sundowner will fit together properly.
What do you think?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I have the sreamin' eagle slip-ons on my '02 RK, sound great, not too loud.

·
Registered
110 Posts
seat

The corbin solo is 100 times more comforable than stock. It is very firm, but that is what you want. It does break in after 1k miles, but it isn't softer. It just fits you #ss better. I have had 3 seats plus the corbin. Nothing is even close! I am very hard to please. Corbin is the best.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the sundowner seat and love it. I thought it was going to be a little wide for me, I'm 5'11" 180lbs. But it is great. I love it, very comfortable and supportive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts