V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install the super engine kit on my 06 ultra.I was wondering if there are anyone out there who has done this on an Ultra?I am curious where the best install places are,and if any precautions I should know about.
I have been told about under the tank and on the backing plate of the a/clnr.Seems the a/c plate gets rather hot.I appreciate any input...Thanks

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Just make sure the area you are mounting the lights to is clean, I mounted mine behind the aircleaner and never had any problems. Take your time on the wiring and make it look nice, as a chitty wiring job is embarassing when you are showing your lights off to buddies. Location of my lights were 4 under tank / 2 each side. 1 behind horn. 1 behind aircleaner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response,I plan on using GM style connectors[since I am GM parts guy]I hope that will ease installation ans also if I ever need to remove the tank,etc.Did the lights do a good job at those location?That is the recomendations and was considering the same.Sometimes being a perfectionist hinders me,but we all want our sleds to look nice,huh.Again thats for the reply...L8R

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
alaskan302 said:
Just make sure the area you are mounting the lights to is clean, I mounted mine behind the aircleaner and never had any problems. Take your time on the wiring and make it look nice, as a chitty wiring job is embarassing when you are showing your lights off to buddies. Location of my lights were 4 under tank / 2 each side. 1 behind horn. 1 behind aircleaner.
You got any pics with the bike in the dark with the lights on? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lights will be here tomorrow,Thurs nite I am going to give them shot.I will try and post pics later.

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
What I did on my wifes bike was place them with removable zip ties in a few different places (Bread ties work good too) and then turned the lights out.

What I wanted to avoid was seeing the lights themselves. You want to reflect the light.

I would keep them 2 inches from the heads or exhaust pipes.

Once you like the location, stick it there, then worry about getting the wires there hiding them. I ran them down the middle tank (Fatboy) trays and fed them through the intake opening for right side, and just along the frame on the left side.

Every bike is different, but take the time to get the lights right first.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
petrock said:
You got any pics with the bike in the dark with the lights on? :)
I dont have any pics, but like the boogeyman said go to the website and look at the pics they have posted. They are really that bright, they didn't fuk with the pics at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts