V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Ridge Rider
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a new thread as the situation has changed form my original post. 03 FLHRCI, Stage I ECM Flash, Fullsac True Duals, and B&E Superflow Mufflers. The original PCIII would not load maps. DynoJet graciously replaced the unit. The new unit loaded the map fine. Installed it on the bike and bike would not start. Battery was slow to turn over. Disconnected PCIII and hooked back up stock. Bike started and charged the battery. Hooked up the PCIII again and the bike started. Reconnected the PCIII and buttoned everything up. Bike will not start now and there are no lights on the PCIII when the ignition is initially turned on. Any help is appreciated as this is turning into a real pain.

· Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Aside from loading your map before install, did you do anything else to the unit (update firmware, etc.)?

If you use the 9 volt adapter do you see any light on the unit?

WIth the 9 volt adapter connected does the computer recognize the PCIII?

I am sorry you are having trouble, but we are trying to help.

· Premium Member
2,974 Posts
For anyone reading this post (and for Dawg), if you are having technical trouble with a PCIII please call our 1-800-992-4993 number. I cannot always be on this site to catch these posts. Our phone techs can get these issues sorted out much quicker.

· Ridge Rider
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aside from loading your map before install, did you do anything else to the unit (update firmware, etc.)?
If you use the 9 volt adapter do you see any light on the unit?
WIth the 9 volt adapter connected does the computer recognize the PCIII?
I am sorry you are having trouble, but we are trying to help.
First off let me say that Dynojet has been great through all of this.
To answer your questions. When I received the replacement unit, I connected the 9 Volt adapter and the USB. All lights were normal and the software recognized and loaded the map you provided.
After doing all that I mentioned earlier I removed it from the bike, brought it in and connected the 9 Volt again. All lights normal. Took it back to the bike, hooked it back up, and now the lights come on and then go out when the ignition is switched on. I believe that is normal for my bike. I ran the battery down trying to start it earlier and am now waiting for it to recharge. I'll call the 800 number if it won't start when the battery is charged.

· Ridge Rider
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know if you are still having problems after you recharge the battery. One way or another I will make this right.
Success at last!! After putting the bike on the Battery Tender overnight it wouldn't charge sufficiently to crank with the PCIII on it. I replaced the battery this afternoon and it cranked. I took it for a short ride and it is much improved. It still has a bit of popping on decel but much better than before. I think it still needs a bit of tweaking but I want to wait until I have a few more miles with it to be sure there are no more cranking issues and to check the fuel mileage. I don't understand why it would start without the PCIII unless the voltage was under what it needs. I want to thank you guys for all the help. Top notch customer service. :clap:

· Premium Member
2,974 Posts
If the battery is weak during cranking there may not be enough voltage to properly power up the PCIIIusb. This will only happen if the battery is failing or is extremely low on voltage.

Once you have a few miles on the current setup let me know and we can tweak it from there. Make sure to post the map you are currently running so I can use it as a starting point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.