V-Twin Forum banner

Has Anyone Ever Found a Great Deal at the Dealership?

2K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Nitram_b4 
#1 ·
Came close Saturday. $30 for a leather tool bag that fits under the headlight. Any other 'deals'? Clothes , accessories or service?

#6 ·
I saw some gaudy gold mirrors said live to ride sht on them for twice the price of the DK catalog. Ended up buying Drag Specialties for 15 bucks a pair. I was going to buy Wiley X glasses, but they don't do bifocals and I would have to go to Walmart for lenses. The WM Wiley X imitation were half the price too. The harley shirts said made in China. No I guess I couldn't find anything.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

#7 ·
depends who's working, because I usually ask the certain sales lady if she knows if they have a orange bandana, eventually she bends over to pick up all those fallen bandanas on the floor that strangely found themselves there.:sneaky:

#11 ·
One time the dealership had a chili cook-off. $5 ticket to sample as many little cups of different kinds (from a dozen entries) as you wanted.
That's an OK deal but when you throw in free bottles of beer from the icy cooler it actually became a really good deal at the dealership.
Does that count?

#13 · (Edited)
I was at a dealership in 1974 in Patterson NJ, the floor was full of harleys waiting to be repaired. There were 3 models on the floor so I walked next door to a metric dealer. I bought a 500 Titan new out the door tags tax for 900. I paid that bike off with tips. A dealer needs another dealer in town for competition. In Myrtle Beach 2 are 30 minutes apart by bike. Pawleys Island is 40 minutes. Take your friend and play bad cop good cop. Works for me ' well up the road.....'.

Sent from the 3 moons of planet X

#23 ·
God, Twood you're young enough to be my kid! Of course back in those days I was on dirt bikes and doing flat track, short track and TT's in the midwest, then after an altercation with a 71 Chevy Impala, my dirt track days were over, and I started riding Super Bikes (big engine, naked frame, before sport bikes) and teasing my step-dad about his low rider that I could disappear from at will. always thought Harleys had good sound and looked good, but didn't handle and didn't go fast. Didn't get my first Harley till 2015, and was happy with it, but got a deal I could pass up to get the one I have now.

Reactions: twood71
#28 ·
They had an area where they were putting old stock. Hanging on the wall was a New SE Fat Boy solo seat, I paid 50.00 for it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: captainhook455
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.