V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like it would clean up the bike alot and I could still use my backrest, I'll probally have to put in a piece between the seat and the tank, is that correct, it also cost only $200 for a new one.
Has anyone got pictures.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
sorry i do not have any pics, but you have 3 options to use a rk seat with your dash.
1 get the seat, instal that cheesey(IMO) leather flap that is the the h-d book PN#52447-96.GOOD
2 get the seat , instal the drag specialties pn ds-720123. It is a chrome filler piece that fill the gap very nicely..BETTER
3 get the seat and use h-d part #71288-03..Its a new dash all together. It is used on the cvo bikes. willbe perfect.BEST
hope this helps. all will look good though..

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for a little update on the seat deal, a guy sent me one to try and it fit on the bike fine until I went to open the saddle bags :huh: , then it didn't fit so good, rubs real bad on the inside corners of the bags, I guess I'll just buy a Mustang instead.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Tnford27 said:
Well for a little update on the seat deal, a guy sent me one to try and it fit on the bike fine until I went to open the saddle bags :huh: , then it didn't fit so good, rubs real bad on the inside corners of the bags.
You'll find that quite a few seats will rub the inside edges of the bag lids.

·
Registered
107 Posts
>>1 get the seat, instal that cheesey(IMO) leather flap that is the the h-d book PN#52447-96.GOOD

Tried the above. Could not get the screw in. Tried two parts, finally asked for my money back. Garbage!!!

>>3 get the seat and use h-d part #71288-03..Its a new dash all together. It is used on the cvo bikes. willbe perfect.BEST

Ended up with this. Good fit, looks great covers the area nicely.

I have since changed this all together and gone with a aftermarket dash that will allow me to get rid of the trap door for the gas.

I went with the solid dash that allows for a flush gas cap. I can't recall who's I used. My parts list is with my mechanic right now as I am having other work done. This does have to be painted as it's abs Plastic and does need to be trimmed to fit length wise and a hole for the gas cap. I got tired of fumbling for a key all the time at the pumps.

Update: Drag Part # 2201-0016 http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/detail.asp?imageID=A8D55TCRG77S8WYCSGY95580

The bottom line of what ever choice you make is you increase the amount of seats available to you. Plus I could never find EG seats on Ebay.

In terms of seats not rubbing the saddlebags, pay attention to the pillion width and the drivers seat width. I forgot what the magic number was for each. I have the Saddleman Renegade II with Sport pillion, plenty of room. The Mustang ( I think Vintage) was rather large so there was a big clearence issue with the bag lids.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I think you should forget this entire venture. I have a RK Custom and the seat almost killed me... and my wife wouldn't ride with me (some may interpret this is a positive)... had to be the most uncomfortable thing I have ever encountered.

I sold the stocker on eBay for $150 and bought a Corbin.

Click my link to go to my picture page, then click on the seat tab for some additional info if you are interested.

That stock seat cracked my a$$.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I agree with 8-Ball's statement on the stock Custom seat. The wife liked the pad on my Fatboy better than the RK seat. Finally swapped it with a Corbin Dual Tour. She likes the seat better, but I don't.

Have to say that the stock seat for the passenger is not very good. It's really not a seat for touring, just looks.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried it and it wasn't good, so I bought a mustang sport touring seat, there's a pic in a thread here, awesome seat, the mustang that is.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts