V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Converted an Electraglide front to a RoadGlide?

I found myself in a dealership today looking at a RoadGlide, and started thinking. I've seen it done from Electraglide to RoadKing. Has anyone seen it done from Electraglide to RoadGlide?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Never seen or heard of anyone but I would think it would be much easier and much cheaper to sell the Electra Glide and buy a Road Glide

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
utrvp said:
Never seen or heard of anyone but I would think it would be much easier and much cheaper to sell the Electra Glide and buy a Road Glide
So true, absolutely.

But I just got my bike the way I want it. Engine, add ons, accessories, all that stuff. I'd have to buy the RG, and strip everything off my Ultra, and reinstall in on the RG. If I'm going to do that, I might as well swap frontends.

Just wondering, that's all.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
wow. I thought this type of thoughts only happened to softtail owners. if you have a fatboy you try and make it a heritage and heritage to a fatboy, but I didn't know it crossed over into the touring models also.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rock_Steady said:
What's the big deal besides snatching off the fairing?
I don't know, it cant be much, but that's why I asked. I think I'll rent one for a day and put a couple hundred miles on it and see if it grows on me. I'll see if it's really worth it.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Anything can be done. I would think be easier then go to or from a king since both bikes have instruments mounted in dash.

I agree with keeping it, if you got some money into it. Your going to lose money on the sale, and then have to spend money to get back to where you want. Pipes, AC, seat, jet/flash, can hit $1000. Now start talking chrome and performance.

I've consiered going to Ultra. But I got 5k into it and would lose that. I;ve decided to do removable fairing, someday. Got lowers and tourpak.

Other big thing to think about is miles. If the bike has higher miles, may be nice to have a new one. Then your back to stock harley though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts