V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Ultra Classic. The new Harman/Kardon radio works fine except when you get to the CB. Push to transmit caused a loud sqeal. I use J&M headsets in full face Aria helmets. They worked fine in my 2003 Ultra. I spoke with J&M who said the were aware of the problem and were coming out with a new lower cord to fix the problem for 06. I got the new lower cords and still get a slight squeal. Loud enough to be a nusance to me and the person I am talking to. Plus they say my CB sounds "Tinny" My 03 Ultra's CB sounded great.

Keep in mind the Harman/Kardon radio is new for 06.

Anybody else having similar problems? Does Harley make a headset for a full face helmet?

Will the 03/04/05 Ultra radios fit in my 06 as a straight plug and play?

Doug

·
Registered
65 Posts
A friend of mine has a 06 Ultra and you are right, the CB radio does sound like crap. Supposedly Harley is aware of the problem and will be coming out with a fix by the riding season. They just don't specify what year the riding season will be in. I know 95% of Ultra owners never use the cb radio so of course they don't have a clue how bad the cb radio works. But if Harley got enough complaints, then they would look into the problem a lot faster. Well for 20 g's, I guess you can't expect 50 year old cb radio technology to be perfected yet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts